Eastern Wa. fishing weekend - need some advise

Discussion in 'Stillwater' started by dp, Apr 29, 2014.

1. dp

dp ~El Pescador

I am bucking up and fishing Back to the Wall (formerly Isaak's Ranch) on Sunday. I am heading over to fish somewhere on Saturday - something different than Lenice/Nunnally area. I am spending the night in Ephrata. I will have my pontoon boat with me (don't leave home without it!)
    One choice is Rocky Ford. I have fished this plenty of times so I have a game plan. Are the ticks in season?
    Another choice is Lenore. Never fished it. Read good reports but not sure what it is doing right now. Are the fish getting into spawn mode?
    Not too interested in Dry Falls based on all the small fish reports. But, you can't beat the scenary.
    I have fished Blue and Park plunking bait, but not too hard with flies. Both are big bodies of waters - is it worth it?

Any input, advise, warnings, etc are greatly appreciated. PM's are good as well
    And I will post a report when I return

thanks in advance-dp

2. zen leecher aka bill w

zen leecher aka bill w born to work, forced to fish

Media:
    I have a few suggestions.

3. Ron Olsen

Ron Olsen Member

Hi DP. Will be in your wake for a Back to the Wall trip May 13th. Thinking the same options. Call Darc and ask him. Desert Fly Angler (509)754-4070

Ronbow

4. dp

dp ~El Pescador

I've been bending his( Darc's) ear on email A LOT all week so I think I will leave him be for a bit
    really interested in Lenore honestly. Can you launch from the north end?

Bill - glad you replied and I will be calling you

5. Scott Salzer

Scott Salzer previously micro brew

Blue & Park have some very nice fish. Lenore can be windy. Kind of muddy but you can launch at the north end. A lot of people wade fish that area.

6. troutpocket

troutpocket Active Member

Media:
    I've been wanting to learn Blue and Park. Lenore is a crap shoot. . . and I didn't hit on my last visit.

7. zen leecher aka bill w

zen leecher aka bill w born to work, forced to fish

Media:
    Blue didn't fish all that well for me last August when I "plumbed the depths."

8. dp

dp ~El Pescador

I do a Dads/Kids weekend every year the last week of June on Blue Lake (going on year 10 now so the kids are not little anymore). I stay at Coulee Lodge Resort. I always have out 4/5 poles rigged with power bait from the bank for the kids. Each year we catch some fish - but never a ton like I used to when I was a kid fishing from the road. Back then it was Pauskie eggs and green mini marshmellows floated off the bottom. I have fished it from my float tube with a hares ear, wolly bugger or damsel and got me some fish. I would fish the drop off ledge or any areas of the lake where it was shallow. One year the fish averages 19 inches - seriously.
    Anyway, tell me more about Lenore.....

9. Stonefish

Stonefish Triploid, Humpy & Seaplane Hater

Media:
    Blue & Park both have some nice fish in them, especially early in the season.
    Their size (523 & 345 acres) are an advantage. Whatever makes it through the the first two years onslaught of crawlers, nuggets and mellows will be super nice fish.
    Just my opinion, but some years they both can fish better the DF.
    SF

10. dp

dp ~El Pescador

my plans have changed a bit (dauther's vb tourney that I want to go to) so I won't be getting into Ephrata until 7:00 pm or so. Just enough time to fish Rocky at dusk.
    Still fishing Back to the Wall on Sunday as that was my main focus for the weekend any way