Easy tube squid pattern

Discussion in 'Patterns' started by Roger Stephens, Feb 5, 2012.

1. Roger Stephens

Roger Stephens Active Member

Recently I have been playing around trying to tie an easy but realistic tube squid pattern. So far, the most promising pattern is shown in the photographs below. The materials used are: (1) zonker rabbit strips(white or salmon pink)for the head, (2) pearl or pink Krystal Flash over head, (3) Loco or Crazy Legs for tenticles, (4) pearl/black Real Eyes 3/16 inches nickel. The pattern takes just a couple of minutes to tie. I will be putting a 10 mm. pearl sequin angled 45 degrees off to one side to give the pattern darting side to side movement.

Roger

2. Jim Mcallister

Jim Mcallister AKA stillwater guy

Damn Roger that lookes awesome . Does it glow in the dark ? Ive been playing with a pattern of my own The head looks similar to yours but for tentacles I tied on a mallard flank feather and tied it on Knudson spider style.I tried it yesterday but found no love I tried it last weekend and got one hit .Like all the other things I,ve tried it takes a little tweeking here and there but I,ll get it right. But if I tied that I would say I got it.

3. kelvin

kelvin Active Member

Media:
    Nice to see so many squid patterns
    I love them
    these are well tied Roger
    would you be willing to bring them to the swap next week so I can take a closer look?

4. Roger Stephens

Kelvin:

Yep! I'll bring a couple of them to the swap next Sat. It is going to be a fun event to see and chat with you and many of the other participants. Am looking forward to the swap!

Roger

5. Roger Stephens

Jim:

The pattern does not glow in the dark.

Roger

6. Jim Wallace

Jim Wallace Smells like low tide

Cool. I saw the word, "Easy" in the thread title and thought, "This one has my name on it."