Echo two handed Spey rods

Discussion in 'Spey Clave' started by Mikael Högberg Robertsdotter, Nov 18, 2012.

1. Mikael Högberg Robertsdotter

Mikael Högberg Robertsdotter Member

Media:
    Home Page:
    Hi all , have any one test the Echo two handed Spey rods and how it fish/cast? and are you satisfied whit the rod?;)

2. yuhina

yuhina Tropical member

Media:
    Home Page:
    Hi Micke,

There are several series of two handed rod under ECHO brand name. I own a few and they are all have their roles in different fishing conditions. If you want a quick sum up on ECHO... then I think Echo is a fantastic brand. They are active, innovative, superb customer service and products. If you have more specific request on certain rod, there are many users here will give you helpful suggestions..

3. Mikael Högberg Robertsdotter

Media:
    Home Page:
    HI Yuina thank you for your answer, yes I think the Echo rods seams to bee the stuff :) I shall start to fish two hands in to the spring I have built my one Hi-level rod 14" and try to fish whit that but I don't like it so I sold it.

My taught is to use the Echo rod to fish, steal head (sea trout) in Sweden and try some Salmon fishing so I going to use this rod all must the heel season
    I have look in to the Echo TR7130 13'0", TR8136 13'6", and E3-7130 13'0", E3-8134 13'4" seams to bee the thing:rolleyes: the flies going to bee tube flies, popsicle flies
    size 1.5 on single spey hooks and double hooks to the sea trout flies/salmon flies.

4. stilly stalker

stilly stalker Tuna sniffer

I have the TR8136 13'6'' and its a great rod. 530grain head for light tips and unweighted flies, 600 grain tip for heavy tips and huge flies. Ive stopped steelhead to about 16lbs, coho to 14lbs and large chinook to about 25lbs. Its a definite workhorse rod, faster action than the DECHO, and I have it matched to a ROSS CLA5

5. Mikael Högberg Robertsdotter

Media:
    Home Page:
    Hi Stilly, and thanks for your response that's sounds great this rod get the job done;)

6. yuhina

yuhina Tropical member

Media:
    Home Page:
    Hi Micke,

I like the E3 7130 a lot. It is a very sensitive and responsive rod. I think it would be a light and fun seatrout rod. I fished with a friend from Sweden and he also fish a lot on the swedish waters. He told me it could be situations that a lot of trees and vegetations on the riverside, so short shooting head might be more versatile in those situations. IMO, The good thing about many Echo rods (Decho, E3, TR) is they are all made to be smooth... even the entry level SOLO. a bit heavier blanks, but the energy transferring smooth feel are really outstanding.

7. Mikael Högberg Robertsdotter

Media:
    Home Page:
    Hi Yuina and thanks for you response its sounds great:) the rod I built before the Hi-Level feels to heavy to use a hole day to fish whit:(
    I like that you wrights about the road.

Mvh

8. Jason Chadick

Jason Chadick A Fish, A Fish, A Fishy, Oh...

I have the TR 7130 and can't put the thing down. It's a great casting rod, and handles the big tubes extremely well for a 7wt. It casts 12ft of T14 and a 525 skagit and big flies without much of a hassle. Although I haven't fished a scandi head on it yet, I've heard it is a great fit for that as well. In the summer I like to line it with a 510 rage, it's a laser.

9. Mikael Högberg Robertsdotter

Media:
    Home Page:
    Hi Jason, and thanks for your input.that's looks like I must get me a Echo rod to the spring fishing and the start of the season
    Regards

10. KP

KP New Member

I have only speyed for steelhead for three years. As such, I don't know much. On the recommendation of a friend, I purchased the Dec Hogan in a 13' for 7 weight. A much more experienced spey caster borrowed the rod for a morning and declared it to be a "cannon," by which he meant to say it had plenty of power for long casts. His endorsement is all I need.

11. yuhina

yuhina Tropical member

Media:
    Home Page:
    I think KP is right the Decho 7130 is a really nice rod. Feel extremely light and sensitive in hands... I sometimes use it for trout... just use lighter lines than you will have all the feels! For this rod I like 280 grain -420 grain scandi heads around 27-30'. BTW, the Wuff ambush 5-7 weight with 10' intermediate polyleader on this rod are absolutely amazing!

12. VIUcutthroat

VIUcutthroat New Member

Hi: I have the TR1730 and a TR5120. The TR1730 is an excellent rod when paired with an SA Extreme 560 gr Skagit. It is slightly faster than the Sage 7136 brownie, and not quite as fast as the same Sage Z-axis model. I have not met too many folks who do not like this rod after actually casting it. I think Tim Rajeff got this one right. I think it would be an even better seller if the blank wasn't an ugly olive green colour. But looks aside, this is a great rod that casts well, gets excellent company support, and it is hard to argue with the price point. Oops, I estimate that this is a medium-fast action rod.

I purchased the TR5120 with overhead casting for pink and coho salmon in mind. It is not great for this as the rod simply isn't fast enough IMO. I have yet to try it with a Skagit or AFS head, so the jury is still out on this one. I'm hoping it might be a good trout rod, but can't give an honest assessment yet.