Egg Chasing Leach

Discussion in 'Patterns' started by papafsh, Nov 11, 2004.

1. papafsh

papafsh Piscatorial predilection

Media:
    Home Page:
    Here is a pattern I read about on another web site awhile back, just got around to tying one up.

It is a weighted standard rabbit fur leach pattern tied on any size hook you like.

The difference is that you attach a length of mono in 20# to 40# test to the full length of the hook shank, leaving enough overhang at the front to later attach a bead "egg" with super glue.

Also leave enough mono sticking out the top of the bead to melt down as a "bud" over the hole.

As the fly is retrived the "egg" moves around making it look like the leach is after it. I have not tried it yet, but plan to on Saturday and will let you guys know how it turns out.

Here is a picture, it should be easy to see how to duplicate it if you want.

LB

2. metalhead

metalhead New Member

so, how did the egg chasing leech work???

3. papafsh

papafsh Piscatorial predilection

Media:
    Home Page:
    Sorry don't know yet.

I didn't get a chance to try it. Acting as the guide for two teenagers, who fish about once a year, was like trying to hang wallpaper with only one arm! (sorry don't mean to offend any one armed paper hangers out there)

They, my grandaughter and her boyfriend, had fun and was cool watching them catch a few chum, but I never had time to do anything but run back and forth between the two of them.

If I can, and that's a big IF, I may try to get back out Sunday on my own and try it a little closer to home.

LB