Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

Electric pump advice

Boats 
5K views 45 replies 26 participants last post by  LCnSac 
#1 ·
Now that I've stepped up the size of my craft to a 12' pontoon, I need to grab an electric pump capable of getting the bladders mostly inflated. I'm looking at pumps that can hook up to my car battery.

The Outcast Hurricane seems like a pretty solid deal. What other pumps can others recommend in the same price range?

#42 ·
I have a Rule 12V on order from Amazon at about $73 so we'll see. For the smaller boats you can do some inflation at home--enough to cut time but to fit in the back of an SUV or throw on top for short trips. I use a 120V pump I got for around $10 at Walmart and it inflates my Renegade in about two minutes. It does need topping off with a hand pump.

#43 ·
I wanted to add my choice. it is this one:

http://www.flydepot.com/flyfishing/lvm-12volt-inflator-pump/pid--1103/

I have used this pump for over 15 years with no problems what so ever. Oh, it got dropped and broke a piece of the housing off, but with patched that. And occasionally the lever falls off, but it works like a charm. I recommend getting a gauge too. Just like car tires, have all chambers inflated the same helps.

#44 ·
I'd been using the foot pump that came with my Water Master until last month when I picked up a cheap electric pump at Cabela's for $15. Altho that was a sale price, I expect the quality is low, but a friend has one that has been in service for 2 or 3 years on his pontoon boat.

Sg

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.