"End of The Line" movie

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by TC, Jul 12, 2009.

1. TC

TC I live with wind knots

A friend of mine who writes for the San Diego Union Tribune Outdoor section, recently saw the movie "End of The Line" which is a documentary on the fate of the world's consumer fish populations. He said it was definitely a MUST SEE. I don't know where, or if it is playing up here yet, but I do plan on seeing the movie.

He said:

"I expected anti-fishing propaganda, and I got it, but not nearly the creelful I thought I'd get. This film is beautifully shot and directed by Rupert Murray, narrated smoothly by actor-environmentalist Ted Danson and loaded with eye-opening data gathered by author and fly fisherman Charles Clover for his 2004 book “The End of the Line,” on which the movie is based.

What the film doesn't do, however, is point out the incredible job the United States has been doing to stop overfishing by regulating both its commercial and recreational fleets.

If any of you hear of this playing up here, let us know. Would be interesting. You can go to Signonsandiego.com, sports section. I think it ran in today's paper.

2. Citori

Citori Piscatorial Engineer

Sorry Dude, I can't buy that line. Not in Washington anyway. Check out the Puget Sound Chinook Harvest Management Plan up for renewal. It allows harvest rates of up to 80% on streams with ESA listed stocks. Time to give up the kool-aid.

I have seen segments of the movie posted on line, and I, like you, am very anxious to see it.

3. Ryan Bailey

Ryan Bailey Feeshing Photographer

The Seattle Screening for this film is July 14th.
    It is at:
    Starts at 6pm followed by a panel discussion.
    Studio 7 & 8, 3rd floor
    1112 4th Avenue
    Seattle, WA 98101

It is only 10 dollars at the door and includes appetizers/cocktails, etc.

Note: The appetizers, are seafood. Seriously...you would think that they would be something other than that based on what the friggin film is about. Sheesh.

4. Nooksack Mac

Nooksack Mac Active Member

Who was the collosal nitwit who scheduled this during the All-Star Game?

5. TC

TC I live with wind knots

Citori, that was his quote, not mine, as I hadn't seen the film obviuosly, and he being in San Diego, probably wouldn't know about the Washington scene.
    What I do know is that the restrictions on catch rates etc.... are growing substantially where he lives, so it is a geographical perspective I guess.

I agree with you about here. And of the two bonehead moves they made on the screening here, Seafood for the food and on All-star game night, I can see why nothing gets done in this state.