Enlightened finally joined the club...

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by triploidjunkie, Oct 27, 2013.

1. triploidjunkie Active Member

Grand Coulee, WA
    Ratings: +989 / 0
    Yes, yes she's hot! Some of my favorite spots for fall are missing majorly this year, and some new ones are paying off like they just dumped a hatchery truck there lately(which hasn't happened). Hit or miss.
    enlightened likes this.
  2. bennysbuddy the sultan of swing

m-ville
    Ratings: +451 / 0
    After the puget sound steelhead season ends I'll be back on the hunt for the biguns over on the pond . Be fore warned I'll be the prowl somewhere off pearl hill road starting in january...
  3. triploidjunkie Active Member

Grand Coulee, WA
    Ratings: +989 / 0
    By that time I'll be all about the Big O! But until then I'll be waaaaaaay upriver of you. IMO the first ten miles of that tailwater are the best fishing, but come "runoff" alot of fish get washed down and stacked up behind the dam(or become what's known as washovers and make it over Chief Jo). And from reports I've been hearing, making it up the Met:(
  4. Tacoma Red Active Member

Kitsap
    Ratings: +218 / 0
    Uhhh yeah! Nice fish too!
    enlightened likes this.
  5. Old Man Just an Old Man

Dillon, Mt
    Ratings: +1,401 / 0
    I figured that. But you know how some people balk on taking fish out of the water.
  6. Steve Call Active Member

Wetside, WA
    Ratings: +165 / 0
    Outstanding fish! Good to get the stink off.

A couple of my usual spots have been very lean over the last few weeks. Not sure why or how, but I've been trying everything and still not doing so well.
  7. Freestone Not to be confused with freestoneangler

Ratings: +939 / 0
    I understand E's plight. I had to take a few months off this summer/fall due to some health issues. It's been a while since I felt the tug so I couldn't resist when I saw this hatchery truck back up to a lake the other day, lol. I didn't land anything but felt the enormous weight of a 3" fish for a few seconds and entertained the bystanders.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1383149880.992045.jpg
  8. GAT Active Member

Willamette Valley, OR
    Ratings: +2,116 / 0
    They plant 3 inch fish??? And I thought the 8 inchers (they call them "catchable") they plant in some lakes in Oregon are too small.
  9. Old Man Just an Old Man

Dillon, Mt
    Ratings: +1,401 / 0
    They even plant them smaller. Fry I believe they are called. You get a bucket full of them and you can fry them.
  10. Bob Rankin Active Member

Yakima, WA
    Ratings: +162 / 1
    Ya, that's a big one!!!!! Way to go!
    enlightened likes this.