Excellent Weekend and Some Fishing

Discussion in 'Trip Reports with Pics' started by Ed Call, Oct 16, 2011.

1. Ed Call

Ed Call Mumbling Moderator Staff Member

Media:
    Matthew, you will. If I can do it, anyone can do it and you fish for steelhead much better than I. We should fish again soon. I have not seen you in a long time.

2. yuhina

yuhina Tropical member

Media:
    Home Page:
    very nice! wonderful report!

3. Matthew Gulbranson

Matthew Gulbranson Resident Swinger

Media:
    That sounds like a grand idea! I don't get out as often as I used to, just as often as I can, but not as much as I'd like. That being said, let 's make it happen! It has been way too long since we've shared a river bank and not caught fish. :)

I will be over in the area of this report next week for a lucky conference. I'm hoping to skip out early as often as I can and milk the precious time on the water. I don't know if I'll be as lucky as you, but it'll be good to fish a new river, for me, and just be outside standing in some water! I might just have to bring some skaters.

4. Ed Call

Media:
    Bring some skaters. I was skeptical. I was wrong. I got schooled and then I got instructed. It was great. I don't know the general temperature range where fish will still move to a skated/waked fly, but I'll never go to a river without a few skaters again. Why not offer and see who's interested? I can skate a fly, swing a fly and nymph a fly and show them a full menu. Something ought to work, right?

5. Yard Sale

Yard Sale Active Member

Congrats Mummbles. Doesn't get much better than that! I picked up a slow ass 6wt just to force myself to start each run with a skater this year.

And for the jacket, I got the same one. Ugly as sin(mine's shiny black) but dang if it isn't the most comfortable jacket I own. Now as for all that tippet....

6. KerryS

KerryS Ignored Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Only one pic?

7. Ed Call

Media:
    All that tippet lets me tie my own and taper them down. My jacket is silver and with my cheeseburger heavy mid seciton makes me look like the Michellin man...and I could care less. Yes, one pic. That was a small hatchery hen. She got one glory shot then got her gills separated by the blade. What more do you want? You got a man crush on me or something? You want a close up on the mouse fly in my headlamp headband? You want to see if I was grinning ear to ear in another photo? I was, so I tried to keep my back to the photographer.