Face to Face SRC Marine Worm Swap

Discussion in 'Fly Swaps' started by kelvin, May 26, 2009.

1. Matt the middle one in your three pictures is what I am tying
    it a Ken Abrams flat wing
    in brown and red

worms and fish
    a good combo no matter where you go I guess

Matt no offense but I gotts to say it...
    your picture reminds me of howdy doody

2. I know Kings open but I will be in the bay area that weekend for work and
    fishing for strippers if I can work it out and I think Gig Harbor is the place at this point
    although given I live in Seattle that would be easy for me

again I will base it on what works best for the majority of the tiers
    but let me know soon love to have ya cause I know the patterns will be good

3. no rules

only no wooly buggers that would be boring

jump in dude boats about to leave the dock.......

4. I added two more spots thats gonna be it for now

1 Kelvin
    2 DimeBrite
    3 John Hilt
    4 Steve Saville
    5 Ed Call
    6 Ben Waldschmidt
    7 Chester Allen
    8 Mathew Gulbranson
    9 Rob Ast
    10 Richard Torres
    11 Eric Tarcha
    12 Kerfwappie
    13 Rockfish

5. The new shop is practically across the street - just about a block away. It's small but they have a good selection of materials. I checked it out this past Saturday after fishing at Dock's Place. Good people. We are going to trade worms but I wouldn't object to brining other patterns if anyone else is interested. The Tides is okay with me. I haven't been there in a long time.

6. Steve that looks like a great tube worm pattern. This sounds like it is building into a pretty cool swap...great idea Kelvin!

7. I just read the original thread that started this bad boy. Some great patterns in there. Funny, I was thinking about tying a snot dart before I saw it mentioned in the thread, Thera re one or two other possibilities as well.

8. Kelvin, I have just had some very bad news with a major change in my financial status. I am out of this fly swap. I am sorry gentlemen.

9. room for one more

10. Count me in had a great time at the last face to face. I have to come up with some sort of pattern but Ill get something tied up.

11. I hope all is well with you Matt. Good luck, I wish you the best. PM me your address and I'll send you my fly just because.
    Eric

12. here are the players

get tying

we are meeting on Friday July 17, 2009
    Tides Tavern in Gig Harbor
    6:00 pm

1 Kelvin
    2 DimeBrite
    3 John Hilt
    4 Steve Saville
    5 Ed Call
    6 Ben Waldschmidt
    7 Chester Allen
    8 Mathew Gulbranson
    9 Rob Ast
    10 Richard Torres
    11 Eric Tarcha
    12 Kerfwappie
    13 Rockfish
    14 Sean K
    15 Banzai

13. Matt I will tie you one up too

feel free to come to the swap
    hope all is well

14. Matt, I'll be tying extras and hope you are doing well. If you can make it I'd be happy to finally meet the man behind the fourth grade photo avatar.

15. MATT HE EVEN GOT DRESSED FOR YA

16. You know. It's interesting. I'm doing the Pink Salmon swap and some of us were still using the "handles" instead of our real names. That's great. I think everyone should have a nickname but the swapmeister gets return address envelopes with real names on them. I'm having some difficulty deciding who I got flies from in some cases. I'm sure glad this one is a face to face. I'll be able put names, nicknames, and faces together.

17. Steve so thats why you outed me with my real name
    there was a bully at browns point elementary that i am trying to avoid
    i cant believe that you all are meeting in my hood and i will be gone
    halibut and chips should be good

who is coming by boat?

there is tons of fry in the harbor right now

and yeah you all should descend on Blakes place like a plague and chill in front of his plasma
    hell just bring your own beer and set up camp

18. Rotato, honest to God I am not sure what your real name is. I could figure it out if I went back and eliminated by name, the flies I got but I haven't been able to put names to handles on most people other than Mumbles and Kerfwappie and I got his mixed up for a time with another person with the same name. It a real bugger if you haven't been on for long orknow anyone for sure. I'll never tell.

19. Steve its cool i was just yappin

20. ps iam nate