10 Richard Torres
11 Eric Tarcha
12 Kerfwappie
13 Rockfish
14 Sean K
15 Banzai

See less See more
#99 ·
I have 15 complete now working on the extras for Matt, AKA howdy doody, and who even else shows up

appreciate an update from everyone on where you are at with your ties
(according to board that's my job to ask)

Tides is calling me tomorrow to insure they have room for all of us

I am gonna take tha day off and hit some south sound beaches that day
anyone else up for some fishing before the swap?

#100 ·
I've been thinking about different ideas...so far not many of them have worked out. But I did whip up a prototype this last weekend. I will have to wait until the weekend to send you pics since i didn't take any, and I won't be home until Friday. It's got some red bunny, some black hackle, some grizzly and a stinger. Use your imagination...:D

#106 ·
So, I got some news...I won't be able to make the face to face for this swap :mad: bawling:
Looks like I am going to my wife's family reunion that weekend out of state. I will tie up some tasty flies though, and maybe I could meet Kelvin somewhere to make the drop before hand. I was looking forward to seeing some old faces and some new ones, but looks like it won't happen for this event.

Sorry Gents,

Matthew

#107 ·
So, I got some news...I won't be able to make the face to face for this swap :mad: bawling:
Looks like I am going to my wife's family reunion that weekend out of state. I will tie up some tasty flies though, and maybe I could meet Kelvin somewhere to make the drop before hand. I was looking forward to seeing some old faces and some new ones, but looks like it won't happen for this event.

Sorry Gents,

Matthew
too bad
me can meet up and when your flies are ready and after swap

#112 ·
Haven't started production on mine yet.
I've been tinkering with some different materials, looking at everyone elses awesome patterns and getting some great ideas for my own "little frankenstein".

Stay tuned,

Richard

#114 ·
Unfortunately, I too have to drop out of this swap. I just found out that I am laid off from work. I'll see what I have laying around the tying desk to see if I can still tie up some worms for everyone, but due to no income and no car (only had company rig) it will be impossible for me to take part. I apologize that I could not give an earlier notice, but I only had a two day notice myself. Such is life, I guess! Hope everyone enjoys themselves at the get together! :beer2:

Once I get back into the workforce, I'd really like to celebrate and host a face to face swap with all beer provided! So, I'll keep everyone posted. Until then, get out there and hook a fish or two for me! :thumb:

#116 ·
Damn Ben, sorry to hear about the news. I hope you can get back on the work-horse soon.

Kelvin, nice fish man!! I am rethinking the color too. After finding a green worm on my line up in BC last week. I've never seen one that color. I've also got some great ideas brewing. I'll be sitting down at the vice this weekend!

#120 ·
I don't think they are stinger hooks. They are set back from the head of the fly on mono to reduce the risk of short strikes. The common practice is to tie the fly on the shank of the hook and the actual hook back after the bend has been cut off usually with a loop so you can change hooks.

#123 ·
Time is rapidly approaching guys

Just wanted to check in and see how the flies are coming along for our Marine worm swap on July 17
at the tides tavern in Gig Harbor I will be there at 5:00 to secure room
Please let me know where you are at
Don’t forget best pattern wins $25.00 gift certificate at the Gig Harbor fly shop

I have been fishing my pattern with great success for both Sea Runs and Coho

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.