10 Richard Torres
11 Eric Tarcha
12 Kerfwappie
13 Rockfish
14 Sean K
15 Banzai

See less See more
#130 ·
My father in law is also on a surprise visit stop over on his way to fly fish in Alaska (no, he did not invite me. Yes, he goes annually. No, he's never invited me. He is still the coolest fly angler I know, he just does not want me to blow a bunch of money and not be able to pay my family bills.) I'll be driving to Rob's place to hand over my flies. He'll bring them along and collect my share from each of you. Sorry that I can't make the face to face...unless I can convince him to come along then the misses might cut me loose.

#135 ·
Sorry I missed you all last Friday...what a cool looking variety of pattern shapes and colors. I can hardly wait to get mine and start tossing them out to greedy fat SRC. Kelvin, sorry I could not come through and show up.

Who won best in class? I'm sure it was not me but a few of these are pretty incredible.

#137 ·
If you guys voted for me it was a sympathy vote for the tyer with the most thumbs.

Congrats Steve! I missed the beers. I was scheming to fish with Rob then ride with him and have my own designated driver...but he did not know my plan!

#139 ·
Really, Ed, I didn't win but I would agree that it's time for another swap. I like the sandlance and shrimp deal but I actually thought maybe a salt water pattern swap might work well, too. What do you guys think? I loved the face to face swap because I got to put some faces to names. The beer and food were good as well.

#144 ·
I'll think about it. I have to think of a good palce to meet if we do a face to face. The Tides was okay but a bit noisy and crowded for me. I'd prefer something a bit quieter where we can talk fishing and flies without having to scream. All that aside, the food was pretty good and the beer was cold.

#150 ·
Okay. This will be a relatively long one so bear with me. I'll host a face to face at our family property in Dash Point. Let's do a salt water pattern swap. I propose that we meet on Friday, August 14th at about 5:00 P.M. I have picnic tables, BBQ, etc. I'll provide Burgers and Buns and I'll probably have some Coronas in the tub of ice (also provided). You guys bring whatever strikes your fancy. All I ask is that we don't make a mess as I'll have to clean it up. There is also plenty of space to practice casting if you like and a great view of Maury Island across the way. I'd like to keep it at about 12 of us as parking at the place is very limited. A bathroom is available in the house.

The tides are favorable, high at around 8:00 a.m AND 7:00 P.M., lows at about 1:30 P.M and midnight. We can't fish from the property because the place is on the bluff. Neighbors have a stairway (157 down and about 300 up) but the Dash Point County Park is only about 2-3 minutes away. Parking will be at a premium as the Pinks should be all over the place so if you carpool it would be more advantageous.

That's the date I can do it but the time is flexible. Let me know who's in. I'm working on a Pink and White salt water fly - should be okay for Pinks as well. Directions will follow as soon as we establish who is coming.

#153 ·
Steve count me in too!
I'll be on vacation during that time with no plans on going anywhere.

Yeah it was great to finally see some faces behind the flies and get to talk about fishing. Thank you all for some nice patterns. The scene at Tides was definitely loud, but they make a decent brew..

Richard

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.