Face to Face SRC Marine Worm Swap

Discussion in 'Fly Swaps' started by kelvin, May 26, 2009.

1. Ed Call

Ed Call Mumbling Moderator Staff Member

Steve, sounds you are ready to host the next one. . . Put it up and we will join!

2. kelvin

kelvin Active Member

iagree

3. Matthew Gulbranson

Matthew Gulbranson Resident Swinger

iagree

The flies look great guys! Too bad I couldn't make it, but I hope my contribution will result in a tight line or two!!

I've been working on some epoxy sandlance patterns that I am going to try out this week. They look good to me, let's just hope the fish like 'em.

4. Steve Saville

Steve Saville Active Member

I'll think about it. I have to think of a good palce to meet if we do a face to face. The Tides was okay but a bit noisy and crowded for me. I'd prefer something a bit quieter where we can talk fishing and flies without having to scream. All that aside, the food was pretty good and the beer was cold.

5. Matthew Gulbranson

Matthew Gulbranson Resident Swinger

Steve, I think we should do an "on the water" swap! A little potluck action and some beer would round it out very nicely and we could test out the flies right out of the box.

6. Chester Allen

Chester Allen Fishing addict and scribbler

I like the idea of another swap -- I had a great, great time, and the photos turned out pretty well. Shrimp and sand lance sounds good -- and why not think about pink salmon flies?
    We're all about to spend way too much time out there with those pinks -- hopefully!

7. Banzai

Banzai FFing and VWs...Bugs & Bugs

Good idea Matt.

8. Kerfwappie

Kerfwappie Member

I agree with Banzai, good idea Matt. Let's have the get together at a fish able beach park. BTW Matt, nice fly. I like the sandlance idea too. How about an epoxy sandlance swap?
    Eric

9. kelvin

kelvin Active Member

I like the idea too
    sandlance

10. Steve Saville

Steve Saville Active Member

Okay. This will be a relatively long one so bear with me. I'll host a face to face at our family property in Dash Point. Let's do a salt water pattern swap. I propose that we meet on Friday, August 14th at about 5:00 P.M. I have picnic tables, BBQ, etc. I'll provide Burgers and Buns and I'll probably have some Coronas in the tub of ice (also provided). You guys bring whatever strikes your fancy. All I ask is that we don't make a mess as I'll have to clean it up. There is also plenty of space to practice casting if you like and a great view of Maury Island across the way. I'd like to keep it at about 12 of us as parking at the place is very limited. A bathroom is available in the house.

The tides are favorable, high at around 8:00 a.m AND 7:00 P.M., lows at about 1:30 P.M and midnight. We can't fish from the property because the place is on the bluff. Neighbors have a stairway (157 down and about 300 up) but the Dash Point County Park is only about 2-3 minutes away. Parking will be at a premium as the Pinks should be all over the place so if you carpool it would be more advantageous.

That's the date I can do it but the time is flexible. Let me know who's in. I'm working on a Pink and White salt water fly - should be okay for Pinks as well. Directions will follow as soon as we establish who is coming.

11. Chester Allen

Chester Allen Fishing addict and scribbler

I'd love to join this swap, but I'll be deep in the Deschutes River canyon on this day. Perhaps a shipment of my epoxy sand lance flies can attend for me.... I'd be happy to mail them to Steve for distribution at this luau.

12. kelvin

kelvin Active Member

I am in so is my buddy
    polar bear pink sandlance and a sandlance popper

13. Richard Torres

Richard Torres Active Member

Steve count me in too!
    I'll be on vacation during that time with no plans on going anywhere.

Yeah it was great to finally see some faces behind the flies and get to talk about fishing. Thank you all for some nice patterns. The scene at Tides was definitely loud, but they make a decent brew..

Richard

14. kelvin

kelvin Active Member

any great stories of fish caught on these tasty flies??