Fall bird trip

Discussion in 'Cast & Blast' started by ribka, Jul 11, 2012.

1. ribka Active Member

E WA
    Ratings: +164 / 0
    A few months ago, maybe longer didn't someone mention a Fall road trip for birds this year for end of Oct beginning of Nov 2012?

Montana ND or SD?
  2. Roper Idiot Savant

Glenraven Ranch
    Ratings: +770 / 1
    Not me but I'd be up for one...keep me in mind. How about Dickenson ND...?
  3. martyg Active Member

The world at large
    Ratings: +74 / 0
    I go to the Dakotas every fall for a month or so to several secret locations where the birds blacken the skies like biblical plagues of locust. Last year the temp outside of my cabin the end of Sept was 111. I've also been out there the beginning of Oct when it was single digits with 30 mph winds.

Haven driven across MT in a blizzard in October, I don't know that I'd go much into November unless you have some days to kill waiting out weather.
  4. Alex MacDonald Dr. of Doomology

Haus Alpenrosa, Lederhosenland
    Ratings: +874 / 0
    Tom, that might have been me. One of the guys in our cigar club got drawn for Manashtash cows though, and we all told him we'd ghillie for him, as he's got some medical issues. It would depend on the timing, and if he gets his cow. Nobody else in our group got drawn for anything though.

I haven't paid attention to their seasons, is there anything earlier? The foot should be ok to go by then, but after sitting on my butt for 6 months, I'm in rotten shape! Anyone looked into Oregon?
  5. Jim Ficklin Genuine Montana Fossil

Columbia Basin
    Ratings: +625 / 0
    I'm game as long as you younger guys know CPR. If not, I'm still game if you'll agree to stop at Georgetown Lake on the way back thru SW Montana and pause to make my ashes "one with the fishes."
  6. martyg Active Member

The world at large
    Ratings: +74 / 0
    Please keep me in the loop on this. I may or may not get out that way this year. Thx.
  7. ribka Active Member

E WA
    Will do looking at last week in Oct or beginning of Nov. I will definitely bebgoing this year. Start making calls. Anyone is welcome join me.
  8. ribka Active Member

E WA
    Jim just had my hip replaced so I am in the same boat .

Have get up by my house this WA Oct opener for quail and Huns . easy walking
  9. Jim Ficklin Genuine Montana Fossil

Columbia Basin
    Ratings: +625 / 0
    I'm certainly hoping to, Tom. Do let me know if you need a hand with anything.
  10. Alex MacDonald Dr. of Doomology

Haus Alpenrosa, Lederhosenland
    Ratings: +874 / 0
    same here, Tom!