Fantasy Fly Fishing Team / Contest

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Backyard, Apr 24, 2008.

1. Panhandle Active Member

Selkirk Mountains, Idaho Panhandle
    Ratings: +23 / 0
    Jergens, the pressure is on. :D
  2. Jergens AKA Joe Willauer

Twin Bridges, MT
    Ratings: +19 / 0
    that sure sweetens the pot! i might have to cut luke and kraig!
  3. junebug41 Junior Dave Monti fan

Seattle, WA
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    I think there should be a separate division called the JZM Division, for all the teams that have Jergens, Zen and Matney. It's gotta be at least 12-15 teams. You could even make it any team that has two of the three and build it up to like 30 teams.

Guys -- A little creativity? Come on!

Does everyone know there's no actual money on the line?
  4. LBC nymphing beads with a spey pole.

BFE
    Ratings: +9 / 0
    iagree, I'm working nights, sleeping during the day, I go fishing when I'm awake, I'm waiting for some pics to be emailed to me from another dude, And I go fishing with that asshole KEM who forgets to bring the camera tonight, I landed a 6 lb. rainbow and he got a 3lb brown. WTF. On top of that I was too far away from the guy with the camera to get a pic of a 5lb cutthroat this weekend. WTF may as well trade. Oh and love the sombrero shots bro !!ptyd happy cinco de mayo mf'ers.
  5. Shawnage Shawn Bechtol

Wailuku, HI
    do peeler photos count?
  6. LBC nymphing beads with a spey pole.

BFE
    mad respect for the peelers. I'd count em.
  7. KEM Member

Twisp, WA
    Oh stfu Luke, we both knew it was in the truck, both forgot it! Good day, no photos! Big mistake if were cut, were on it fo sho! Going back out tommorrow...
  8. alpinetrout Banned or Parked

Hiding in your closet
    Ratings: +74 / 0
    Does this rule apply to sharks?
  9. Jergens AKA Joe Willauer

Twin Bridges, MT
    Ratings: +19 / 0
    Don't be a puss dude, of course that rule applies! :rofl:
  10. Backyard SANCHO!

The River, WA.
    Ratings: +5 / 0
    Added new species to the points list.

Remember that your photos must be in YOUR gallery in order to count.

For photos of sharks to count as points, you must be swimming next to them. :beer1:
  11. Clint F Fly Fishing Youth

Port Orchard,WA
    Ratings: +3 / 0
    How many points are kokanee worth?
  12. WaFlyCaster Tricoptera

Fife, WA
    Ratings: +1 / 0
    I was kinda wondering that i landed a couple over the weekend (didnt photograph) but would be nice to know how much they are worth. Technically they are a salmon. So are they worth salmon points.
  13. LBC nymphing beads with a spey pole.

BFE
    Curious to know where Bulls fit in the mix?
  14. Backyard SANCHO!

The River, WA.
    Ratings: +5 / 0
    kokanee and bulls added to list. I put up char to cover bulls and dollies but i figure its to broad because of brookies and arctic char...
  15. junebug41 Junior Dave Monti fan

Seattle, WA
    I caught a nice redside shiner this weekend, then I come here to check how many points it's worth and see that it's not even listed! This thing was a football, and taken rightfully on a swung soft hackle.
  16. Anil Active Member

Tacoma, WA, USA.
    Ratings: +210 / 6
    How about Rockfish?
    Anil
  17. WaFlyCaster Tricoptera

Fife, WA
    Ratings: +1 / 0
    I think rockfish should depend on the species of rockfish... if you catch a blackie..it should definitely be worth less than a tiger rockfish, yellow eye or other ones that are not as regularly caught.
  18. Buck "Ride'n Dirty."

Seattle, Wa.
    Ratings: +7 / 0
    This thread, is it a record if it's been viewed almost 7300 times?
  19. salt dog card shark

Edmonds WA / Mazama
    Ratings: +2 / 0
    SumBoeitch! :beathead:
    I'm gone for my Spring fishing trip in the Florida Back Country and Bahamas and miss the Fantasy Fishing thread entirely until now.

Wadin'Boot, you bet on the wrong horse; like the man said, all a question of timing. I likely had at least one day on the flats that might rival ibn's, and attach a pic from a day doing some outrageous blue water fishing: 30lb grouper, Wahoo, and 6 Mahi Mahi, but all prior to 5/1/08.

But Boot says I gotta do my part though, so this is it: all teams that included Yard in their line-up are disqualified as he has a conflict of interest seeing how he is the founding father of this league and that he's the self appointed judge. Besides, everybody knows how easy Yard is and you just can't trust a judge that won't stay bought properly after good money has been tendered.
  20. wadin' boot Donny, you're out of your element...

Wallingford, WA
    Ratings: +1,612 / 0
    Saltdog, My team hasn't chalked up one friggin 'point. Here's some inspiration for you chumps to get out there and perform:

From the great comedic spirits:

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/rtP3whUbgZE&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/rtP3whUbgZE&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Men of action:
    <object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ofStzh_sZ7I&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ofStzh_sZ7I&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

and some lesser dieties of stupid hair rock:
    <object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/YdlEMmAFfIM&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/YdlEMmAFfIM&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

I was watching the Poison video wondering, "how could this complex story end?" man what a twist, gotta hand it to them, didn't see it, nope, didn't see it...and that's what I'm hoping the fantasy flyfishing comp ends up, my dark horse picks taking it all home...To motivate yousall I'll give one fishing glove similar to that worn by Bret Michaels, Poison's lead vocalist, in the above video to each of my team members if they take the prize...as they say in Spinal tap....smell the glove