Fantasy Fly Fishing Team / Contest

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Backyard, Apr 24, 2008.

1. Mingo

Mingo the Menehune stole my beer

I'm listening to Tap's 'Break Like The Wind' for inspiration Boot..........and Big Bottom too.....but gotdammit, none of the pics I'll be posting next week are on the list!

2. yuhina

yuhina Tropical member

3. Ringlee

Ringlee Doesn't care how you fish Moderator Staff Member

So Salmon don't count anymore? Looks like any thing more than 3 points was deleted?

4. Rory McMahon

Rory McMahon Active Member

this is a great idea, i wish i would have noticed it sooner, not sure how i missed it. I think this should be a yearly things, and perhaps there should eb some sort of draft to prevent 40 teams that consist of Matney, Jergens, Zen, Doughty, etc.

5. Porter

Porter Active Member

The fifth finger has always been instrumentral (so she says)......you can have four of the same fingers but the fifth (thumb) must be unique to each (individual playing) ...... it is a simple competition to follow.

Obviously the guy chosen to tag along with these four pristine flyfishers could very well be the deciding factor in your victory or defeat ......since half of you decided to select yourself I guess the weight is on you. :)

6. wadin' boot

wadin' boot Donny, you're out of your element...

Yuhina, we are no longer shamed, thank you. I had a Walmart-like premonition last night, panfish were the golden ticket. Keep it quiet or Hartman's clone army of pubescent street urchins will catch on...and what with school ending, they don't have anything to do but hit the waters or sniff glue. Lets hope they choose the latter!

7. mike doughty

mike doughty Honorary Member

i apologize to all the poor bastards that picked me for their fantasy team, but i've been stuck in spain for the last couple of weeks so it's been a sloe start, but as soon as i get back i will try and make up for it. in about 2 weeks i will be at mcchord for about a week so i hope to get in some fishing there as well.

8. Mark Ritari

Mark Ritari Trouthunter

same with me, but i head up to where fish are on saturday, and just got my Olympus 8mp waterproof camera.

9. Ringlee

Ringlee Doesn't care how you fish Moderator Staff Member

Im in Alaska at the lodge. The fun will start tonight!

10. Panhandle

Panhandle Active Member

Sorry yuhina, everything is blown. I'm going to try and get up to the UC next weekend. :thumb:

11. NewFlyLady

NewFlyLady New Member

Well, sorry no one thought to draft me. Three days fishing the Madison opening weekend = 114 points :beathead:

12. yuhina

yuhina Tropical member

Take your time...Adam... you are one of my dark horse...don't show too many photos in the early stage...:D

13. flytyerboy95

flytyerboy95 Future fly fishing guide

haha wadin boot you just wait

14. Rory McMahon

Rory McMahon Active Member

haha, its too bad nobody picked me, im going on a 24 day fishing trip this summer through idaho and montana, and taking a lot of pics

15. wadin' boot

Yard,
    I need some clarity. Mingo has harvested the waters for vast numbers of fish that fail to appear on your score scheme. He has published them in his gallery. I understand you have a default value of 1 point assigned to fish that are yet to be classified, so I humbly request that these fish be assigned points based on their potential lethality to the fisherman. As I have two members of my team who fish Hawaii regularly, and as most of us view Hawaii as an integral part of the Pacific Northwest, I would hate to see them slighted. Here is the system I would propose, but leave it to your arbitration so long as my fellow team-members Saltdog, legal adviser and CWU girl, owner of shotguns, have no issues on appeal:

Needlefish- 10 points- when frozen they can be used as a spear and kill a man, just as a shark (10 points) can also kill a man

Pufferfish- 10 points- eaten raw the tetrodotoxin concentrated in this fish's skin and liver remains one of the most potent paralytic neurotoxins known to man and will kill within minutes, just like a shark (10 points)

Green Jobfish- 1 point.

Saddle Wrasse- 10 points. If you step on one you can easily slip and fall and strike your head and end up with a Sonny Bono like brain hemorrhage and in such a way this fish can kill you, just as a shark (10 points) can kill, although I concede, not typically in such a way

Humu, taken off of Waikiki 5 points- Have you ever fished that bizarre display of humanity known as Waikiki? I mean that's dedication points right there, concentrating on fishing instead of eye candy requires mad skills

Sgt. Major taken off Waikiki 5-points- look at that hi-rise in Mingo's background, that's pushing the envelope of destination fishing

Triggerfish- 5 points- common hosts, if eaten, to Ciguatera toxin, again a neuroparalytic-like tetrodotoxin (though blocks a different sodium channel) - can kill you but not quite as quick as tetrodotoxin, and before you die, for some weird reason, your teeth hurt. Sharks (10 points) can also kill, only they do it with their teeth hurting you, triggerfish kill after you've eaten their ingestion and bioconcentration of toxic marine algae. It's a circle of death thing...

Razor Wrasse: 5 points. I quote from Mingo's gallery thesis: "the notorious "Nabeta".....also called Razor Ass.....will do a full 180 and bite you while you try to pull your size 4 shock and awe from his piehole. Look at the fangs.......they'll draw blood bitches, believe me!" You know what else draws blood? sharks- which score 10 points.

16. SilverFly

SilverFly Active Member

Not only that, there should be some kinda points for catching a blowfish and a jobfish on the same trip. Just say'n.

17. wadin' boot

iagree

18. Mingo

Mingo the Menehune stole my beer

This is all true. This is solid. This is all based on science. Good, solid science. These points are all valid for the logic and irrefutable evidence Boot presents.

Do you Gummi Bear munchers know Boot has the blood of the Cousteau clan coursing through his veins?? Don't fuck with Boot's scientific conclusions. Don't even try to question them. This was all covered on the Discovery Channel recently.

19. knothead

knothead Banned or Parked

Here is how it works, You set up your own contest, assign a high point value to a fish that most respecting fly fishers won't target then go out and target that fish. My ball, my court, my rules. Oh yeah, and hope the girls don't show you up.

20. Backyard

Backyard SANCHO!

Hell Yeah! I should have picked a team... with Matney, Zen, Fishtolive, JonMontana, and Myself. Make Carp worth 20 points and school everyone! That would be sweet, then I wouldn't have to tie any flies to give away as a prizes. I would just keep them!