Fantasy Fly Fishing Team / Contest

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Backyard, Apr 24, 2008.

1. Are you going to cap the number on a given species? Mike, Jamie and I are going to be kicking out an awful lot of shad here in a month. I'm not sure Scoones is going to appreciate his pic board getting spammed with herring :)

2. I choose
    1) myself
    2) Panhandle.....I will if you will:thumb:
    3) mediger
    4) LT
    5) FLGator

1/2....fish alot:rofl:

3/4....great fisherman and do well on small creeks with huge browns and bows:thumb:

5....faith in fly placement for the "Golden Bones" ;)

3. John, you have the Carpe' covered right? :D

4. :thumb:

5. The Brown Stools*
    (Aka. Brown Trout fanatics)

1. RockmountainBrown
    2. KevinB
    3. MoHound
    4. Doughty
    5. Myself

I'm counting on MoHound to pull through 'cause he never posts photos of the toady browns he catches.

6. With the 5 lb rule do length and girth measurements count or do we need pics of the scale? That fish calculator in my experience is complete crap. It always overshoots my rapala digital scale. Just sayin'

Also....are you frigging serious? Do you know how long it is going to take to upload that many photos! I just quit all my jobs just for this!

Mothers day caddis, big hole salmon flies, rainbow spawn on the horn, lightning bug on the yellowstone, carp spawn in canyon ferry, pike run in battle creek, creek opener, and what about paddelfish and catfish?

Do we get extra points for breaking state or world records?....say on maybe whitefish? :confused:

7. why not here my list
    Rocky Mountain Brown
    Chadk
    Steelie Mike
    Kevin Barnham
    Andy

8. TIGER TROUT??

9. state record or not you should get -5 points for any stupid whitefish

10. panhandle (deadhead)
    masteranglertaylor
    mike doughty
    wayne jordan
    chad k

11. Well I'm not reading through this whole thread, but my team will be:

1. Rick Matney
    2. Yard
    3. Zen
    4. D3Smartie
    5. D-Ray

Now catch those fish and post those pic's! :beer1:

Bill :cool:

12. Seems like the favorites are Matney, Bove, Doughty, Ringlee, Yard, Zen, Panhandle, Wayne, Ritari, Macrowdy and that may all be well and good but these guys share some common born-to-fish-or-die-trying genes, but I figure you need a team that has different sorts of skills, kinda like the A-team to get the job done.

Here's my A-team:

1- CWU girl- she's got shotguns, a black lab and she would keep everyone else in line
    2- Yuhina- he has a knack for pulling stripers out and they rank pretty good on the score sheet, plus he is a damn fine artist and I reckon a good fish pic is a good fish pic and probably ought to score
    3- Saltdog- he could get all legal on the opposition, he's the Michael Clayton of the team, the closer, the bulldog.
    4- Coach Duff- what's a team without a Coach? He's got access to waters where different species can rack up the points pretty fast. He's not afraid to call a foul when he sees it, and he does a mean pep-talk
    5- Mingo- seriously, Mingo's a twofer, he brings his SO and there's drinks and jokes to be shared so the team morale is always good. Plus he's fished everywhere, including the "It's a small world" boat ride at Disney...Furthermore, I'm gonna get Saltdog to argue that the POSE of the fisherman is also worth the points...ie the presentation of the the great big "O" or the slab of meat in the most comedic manner again ought to be worth a big slice of points...otherwise there's just fish spam to clutter up the gallery...master of the comedic pose? Mingo

13. This is great,here's my team

1. myself....cause i like to feeeesh
    2. jergens...cause he's an eastsider
    3. Rocky mnt brown--cause nothing like meeting a fellow fishing nut on Rock Creek with his twin in the middle of march
    4. Flyfshm--rocky mnt brown's better half
    5. Poierpro--cause he's ganster like that, so start posting sucka!!

winner winner, chicken dinner

14. yard - you have an easy way to track this? I could whip up a quick spread sheet in excel that would make it super simple. Let me know if you want me to email you something...

15. Yes. BUT I WILL CATCH MORE SHAD THAN YOU. On my 2wt. Without trying.

16. Still alive and kicking. Damit SAK now I have to post pics of every fish I can get my hands on. Camera batteries are charging, Flies getting dialed, hell I think I might even put my toon boat together that has been in the boxes for over a year.

Game on!!

17. What a cracking looking game gentlemen may the best man win.

:beer1:

18. LOL im on someones list

19. :rofl:

20. haha same here