Father son trip

Discussion in 'Stillwater' started by troutpocket, Oct 8, 2012.

1. troutpocket

troutpocket Active Member

Kid did good this weekend. IMGP0891.JPG IMGP0894.JPG

jjcheng and Irafly like this.
  2. Roper

Roper Idiot Savant

That he did...congratulations! Well done!

3. Patrick Gould

Patrick Gould Active Member

How cow. Nice fish Jr.

4. troutpocket

troutpocket Active Member

Ira's got some video footage to contribute to this thread. Fynn did just as well.

I've been taking Miles out since he was 2 but this was the first time that he really didn't want to quit at quitting time.

5. Kenneth Yong

Kenneth Yong Member

The smile says it all. Well done, father and son!

Thanks for sharing,
    Kenneth

6. Jeff Dodd

Jeff Dodd Active Member

Great photos TP and nice fish Miles!!!

I realize now how simple life was before our kids had school and busy schedules.

7. Irafly

Irafly Active Member

Miles and Fynn in the same boat together playing tag team on the net, occasionally catching fish as well, plenty of snacks, lots of juice boxes and the I-Pad helped keep both on the water for a much more extended time.

Fynn and I caught our first quadruple on this lake (first pic). He/I hooked a fish and while he was pulling it in I also hooked up. Fynn managed to pull his fish(?) closer and I could see that he was fighting two fish at once. I push the net under them and just as I'm about to push it under my fish our third rod (I have a dual rod endorsement) also garnered action, so I quickly scooped up that fish, grabbed the line and hand lined that fish in. Four fish in the net, four fish out of the net and the results (second pic).

Fynn also did an incredible job running the electric motor for me. I was amazed how well he made minor adjustments when asked. (third pic)

As for the video, I'm putting that up in the main forum, I'll post a link when it is up.

Enjoy the other pics as well.

IMG_0029.JPG IMG_0030.JPG IMG_0038.JPG IMG_0031.JPG IMG_0040.JPG IMG_0041.JPG IMG_0051.JPG

Patrick Gould and troutpocket like this.
  8. Irafly

Irafly Active Member

9. Nick Clayton

Nick Clayton Active Member

Awesome!!!!

10. triploidjunkie

triploidjunkie Active Member

Sweet. I love getting kids involved. Whats up with the mutant bow? It looks like a panfish.

11. Irafly

Irafly Active Member

We thought the same thing until we landed it, one of the strangest bows I've ever seen.

12. Josh Stroud

Josh Stroud Active Member

No kidding, all of its weight went to the upper half. Either way, nice fish man.