Favorite Fly Tying Beverage

Discussion in 'Fly Tying' started by Mike Wilson, May 31, 2008.

1. Michael&Tanner

Michael&Tanner Sir Real

Right now, it's Aberlour, but any decent scotch will do. Throw in the smell of a good latakia smoldering in the pipe, and call it heaven.

2. pittendrigh

pittendrigh Active Member

Copenhagen cappucino when it's cold (put a pinch right in the steamer)
    Copenhagen and Jolt Cola when it's warm.

Appropriate background music is important too:
    John Coltrane
    Wilson Pickett
    Mighty Sparrow

3. Cal

Cal Member

Mad River Brewery Steelhead Pale Ale

(hic!......)

4. Ice cold cran-rasberry juice but of course it must be ocean spray! DUH!

5. Terry Bare

Terry Bare Member

Pretty much anything that motivates me to get creative. I have tied up some good flies Depends on the mood, the season and how long I have to tie, of course some pink floyd in the speakers.:beer1::ray1:

6. Ryan Buccola

Ryan Buccola I ain't broke but brother I am badly bent

Pendelton Whiskey and some honky tonk from Pandora...:beer2:

7. Jeff Eden

Jeff Eden New Member

A little Black Velvet an coke. The flys always look better after two or three

8. Mike Wilson

Mike Wilson Yakbowbw

I am tying some flies for my Brother-in-law for his Christmas stocking and I decided to get in the mood with a local beverage just out on the shelves, made by Santa's elves themselves. Great!

Attached Files:

9. Old Man

Old Man Just an Old Man

When I was tying flies all I drank was Diet Coke. I think I should of been drinking Jim Beam. Because my flies always look like shit.

That's why I have several here tie my flies for me.

Jim

10. Chicotello

Chicotello Member

In the immortal words of Ron Burgandy...I love scotch. Scotchy, scotch, scotch. Here it goes down, down into my belly...

11. Jeremy Floyd

Jeremy Floyd fly fishing my way through life

alcohol.. cold, if I have my way

12. patrick dean

patrick dean New Member

copenhagen and harp irish beer

13. Salmo_g

Salmo_g Active Member

I don't multi-task well, so I don't often drink while I tie. I drink more water than anything else, so when I do have something it's likely filtered water. Next most likely is red wine, Merlot, Cab, or Zin. Maybe a Full Sail Amber during the warmer months. There's no special connection between drinking and fly tying for me.

Sg

14. Steelie Mike

Steelie Mike Active Member

Maybe your my long lost uncle. I usually have a Diet Coke and a spitter handy.

15. No doubt milk and cookies. If the big guy can travel around the world in one night on that stuff then I feel my fly tying skills will be at their peak.

16. Bullwhacker

Bullwhacker Member

During the holiday season it's elf cum and rum (Egg Nog and Captain Morgans), the rest of the year it is a local beer or bourbon on the rocks.

17. JakeMcGuire

JakeMcGuire New Member

My drink of choice really is a Vodka Martini Dirty and on the rocks. Unforunately after a couple it is really hard to do a whip finish or a half hitch. So when I tie flies I have to limit myself to coffee. :-(

18. ggggloomis

ggggloomis New Member

knob creek and diet coke, or the usual for or weds liars and fly tiers meetings magic hat number 9

19. TaylinLoop

TaylinLoop Many fish coup

20. Jerry Daschofsky

Jerry Daschofsky Moderator Staff Member

I try not to drink while I'm tying. My green butt skunks end up pink. ;)