Favorite Lake Fly Swap - NOW CLOSED

Discussion in 'Fly Swaps' started by Backyard, Jan 15, 2005.

1. jessejames Flyslinger

Show Low, Arizona
    Ratings: +345 / 3
    Cooooool
    Can't wait to see the fishbait that will show up in my mail box soon.
    Thanks Backyard...
    jesse clark
    P.S. After I sealed up the box I sent and got the postage on it I realized that I didn't put enough $$$ in the box to cover return. I owe you.. I will send a little package of goodies over soon to cover my mistake. :thumb:
  2. Scott Behn Active Member

Lk Stevens, Wa.
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    The clerk at the Lk. Stevens Post Office told me you'd have mine by tomorrow, 03 Mar, at the latest...

I'll keep checking...

:thumb:
  3. Flyn'dutchman Member

Wenatchee, WA
    Ratings: +3 / 0
    Twenty lashes with the proverbial wet noodle for those of you who are still geting them in. ;) I was personally looking forward to having them in my arsenal for this weeks assult on the lakes. Oh well. I want to fish next to you guys. Maybe your strikes on fish are the same, late, and that will leave more for me. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: ;) . Can't wait to get them. This has been my first swap. Thanks Backyard for miestering it. :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
  4. Backyard SANCHO!

The River, WA.
    Ratings: +5 / 0
    Ok.. one step away from this being a done deal. Expecting Jabs flies soon, he kinda got wrangled into this swap at one of our open tiers tables, so after a few ptyd , he got a late start, but his chiro's are golden and I've seen them slay in action. So be a little patient and we will all be happy campers. :D
  5. Flyn'dutchman Member

Wenatchee, WA
    I hope his chronamaids are as good as those the guys from Montana were using at Lenore Thursday. I really need some help in that department. :thumb:
  6. Scott Behn Active Member

Lk Stevens, Wa.
    Any new news????
  7. Backyard SANCHO!

The River, WA.
    Just one more set to go... Jabs went on a trip but should be back and having them in soon. All should be mailed by the end of this week. Anyone have a good camera? Mine takes shitty close up shots.
  8. Irafly Active Member

Everett, Washington, USA.
    Ratings: +1,033 / 1
    I can post the pics.

I also realized that I have not yet sent in my tying instructions.

Once all the flies are in, I'll post instructions either here or under the photo. Others could do the same..

IRA.
  9. Backyard SANCHO!

The River, WA.
    I'll be getting the last set of flies in person tonight. So I should have'm mailed out by tomorrow. ptyd
  10. Scott Behn Active Member

Lk Stevens, Wa.
    Thanks Chris for swapmeistering...now I can't wait...

Note to self.......check mail EVERYDAY!!!!!

11. Backyard SANCHO!

The River, WA.
    Ok those bad boys are off... Randy D. and myself tied 4 different flies to cover the two guys that bailed, so that everyone gets the proper # of flies. Thanks to everyone that put in a few extra secret weapons in there for me to test out :thumb:

There are a couple extra sets of swap flies left. I'm gonna give one to OldManJim for his birthday and probably the other set will probably be mailed to scoones, (not sure if he's that big into lake fishing though)

Please remember to post your instructions and fishing methods under your flies photo when they are posted.

Good luck to everyone this spring... see you on the water.
  12. Wayne Jordan Active Member

Ratings: +14 / 0
    I'll post my instructions when I get back from Montana next week. Thanks for hosting the swap backyard.
  13. Backyard SANCHO!

The River, WA.
    Ok, looks like I have a few Spring creek specials left over that were supposed to go in the swap to make the total of 28 flies per person. My fault. Guess I just got distracted while splitting everything up, so if you did not recieve a S.C.S in your package just pm me your address and I'll throw it in the mail asap. Looks like maybe 8 of you are missing a fly. LEMME KNOW! :D
  14. Old Man Just an Old Man

Dillon, Mt
    Ratings: +1,653 / 0
    I would like to thank everybody for these flies. These are some of the mostest,best's flies I have ever got. Now I just hope I can use these to catch fish. Some I will use soon and some not so soon. Now I just hope the weather clears up soon as I don't like to fish in the pouring rain. But a big thanks to you all. :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Jim
  15. jabseattle jabs

Desert Dweller
    The silent one and for good reason....Thanks everyone for waiting for my A@#$%^ to get around on this swap. Personally I don’t have time to tie for myself these days, but have to Thank Backyard for roping me in on this swap. Thanks Bro.

Yeah I slacked off something major flies should never be that late. First swap I was late on..oh well, maybe if those that attend the DF outing I throw you down one of my DF specials or something. Even though the one I added, is pretty close to the DF Special. :beer2:

MR Backyard….. I think you forgot the SCS from my package… Was that my penalty for being so F#$%^ late?? :hmmm:

Sweet flies..You all know how to tie something fierce. I will use them this weekend when I head east. Too bad I don’t have a SCS :beathead:

16. Scott Behn Active Member

Lk Stevens, Wa.
    beautiful flies folks...yeah I missing my sheep creek specials as well. I don't even know what one looks like.

Can't wait to try the punks out...

17. ceviche Active Member

Shoreline, Washington, U.S.A.
    Ratings: +42 / 0
    Damn gorgeous flies, everyone! I thank all for such nice work, as well as Backyard for hosting. :beer2: I feel like I got the best deal, given how I feel put to shame by how perfect each of those flies look. At least knowing my patterns have proved themselves to be successful work horses keeps me from burying my face. :eek: At this point, I'm gonna hold off fishing these awesome flies until I get around to making copies. They're all just too damn cool looking to risk losing at this point! Again, thanks! :thumb:
  18. Irafly Active Member

Great swap! Best looking flies I've recieved in a swap!

The gallery might be down this weekend, so I'll see if I can post the pics by next week.

IRA
  19. Backyard SANCHO!

The River, WA.
    Sweet! Thanks Ira :thumb:
  20. Irafly Active Member

Ok guys the pics are up but I messed up a little and ended up downloading 7 of the flies twice. Once I figure out to delete a photo from an album I'll oust those suckers. Right now you can find them in the Gallery under Member Galleries/Personal Album Index/Early Lake Fly Swap 2005.

If you don't see your fly let me know. If you see a fly on there that you didn't recieve in your package, talk to Backyard. If you want me to retake your photo to accentuate somthing different on the fly, let me know.

Chris will probably end up moving these into the Fly Patterns/Fly Swaps Gallery soon.

Irafly..