WTB Felt Soles - Old School Korkers

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by freestoneangler, Sep 1, 2012.

1. freestoneangler Not to be confused with Freestone

Edgewood, WA
    Ratings: +790 / 1
    I just knew I should have bought that pair I saw in Ennis a year ago...:mad: Boots are still is good shape, but I've worn what was my third set of felts to the nubs. I had picked up extras along the way, but not having much luck finding replacements; don't really want to pony up $$ for the new boots.

If anyone's got a pair of these old style felts they want to sell, shoot me a PM.

...and if this wasn't already enough of a long shot, would size 14 be asking too much? :D

Korkers.jpg
  2. Josh dead in the water

NW Washington
    Ratings: +509 / 2
    Could you scrape the felt off and glue new felt on?
  3. freestoneangler Not to be confused with Freestone

Edgewood, WA
    I have heard that gorilla glue works pretty good at adhering those cut to fit felts to the existing ones... hoping to find some OEM's before doing that.
  4. RRivera Member

Olympia, WA
    Ratings: +3 / 0
    Go to korkers site and click on "garage"....I just checked and the site shows size14 plain felt for $24+cents
  5. Josh dead in the water

NW Washington
    The ones in the Korkers garage are the 2.0 soles. And I'm pretty sure that the one pictured is a 1.0 sole.
  6. YAMMY Member

Abbotsford B.C. Canada
    Ratings: +8 / 0
    I have a pair of these boots that have good felt and also new rubber soles essentially.Have the studded soles as well but they are worn[but still functional}.Boots in good cond.You can have them for 50 bucks and shipping-send me your email if you want and I can send you pics-i have gone to simms.
  7. freestoneangler Not to be confused with Freestone

Edgewood, WA
    Indeed...the original version. I just checked the Korker garage (thanks for the tip RRivera), and they only have gen 2 and later models.
  8. Josh dead in the water

NW Washington
    It occurs to me that I actually saw a pair of 1.0 soles at Outdoor Emporium the other week. I have no idea what size they were, though I don't think they were small. And I have no idea what the price was ($30?).
  9. freestoneangler Not to be confused with Freestone

Edgewood, WA
    Which Outdoor Emporium?
  10. Josh dead in the water

NW Washington
    Is there more than one? Sorry, living in bham, I've only ever been to the one right by safeco.
  11. freestoneangler Not to be confused with Freestone

Edgewood, WA
    They appear to be affiliated with Sportco (Fife) which is down here in my neck of the woods. The only one named Outdoor Emporium I know of is in Seattle (SODO). Bellingham... isn't that a Canadian province? :D

If you have one in B-Ham and you see any of my style felt soles (size 14) for $25 or less, please picked them up and shoot me a PM. I can pay you via PayPal or check.

Thanks,
    Bill
  12. Josh dead in the water

NW Washington
    Like I said, the pair I saw was at the Outdoor Emporium by safeco. I'd give them a call and see if they are still there and what size they were. They were hanging on a rack by the wader area.
  13. freestoneangler Not to be confused with Freestone

Edgewood, WA
    Missed the Safeco part...which is closer to me than you. I'll give them a shout or just swing in and see if today's the day I should also buy a lottery ticket.

Thanks Josh!