Fenwick fiberglass pack rods

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by Randy Knapp, May 9, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Randy Knapp

Randy Knapp Active Member

I have recently purchased a number of bamboo rods so I need to unload some of my inventory. I will give the members of this board first dibs before I go the the local paper and then ebay. I am not looking to make a killing on these rods, just recover my investment. I am sure a couple of these if not all will be very valuable to someone someday. They are all US made.

7 foot 4pc 6wt (casts a 5wt better) $110
    7 1/2 foot 4pc 6wt (also casts a 5wt) $65 (original rubber butt plate is missing)
    8 1/2 foot 5pc 6wt (also a true 5wt)(this is the rod mentioned in the back of Sheridan Anderson's "Curtis Creek Manifesto" $97
    8 1/2 foot 5pc 8wt (also casts a 7wt) $90

These rods will fit in your backpack or suitcase. They are softer action rod and very durable. They should last several more generations.

I could probably match these up with the appropriate older Pflueger Medalist reel and modern line and backing for an additional reasonable cost.

Randy

2. Randy Knapp

I have decided to keep the two shorter glass Fenwicks. The 8 1/2' 5pc 6wt and 8wt are still available.

I am adding my Heddon Premier 8 1/2' 3pc bamboo rod. This is a beautiful example of "blue collar" bamboo at the reasonable price of $125. It has only one tip and the mid section is down 1" and there is a scarfed section in the butt. None of these changes effect the rod's action nor detract from its beautifull patina. Ferrules are 1 3/4" and the line designations are HDH or E. I have cast both a 5wt and 6wt but prefer a 6.

Again, I have lines and reels if needed for additional cost.

Randy

3. Randy Knapp

Sorry. All done and my buddy won't be listing any rods here either.
    Randy

4. Randy Knapp

New change with pricing modification:

Well, I have one listed on eBay right now. It is a 7' 4pc 6wt. I have debated keeping my 7'6" 4pc for now mainly because it is similar enough to my 7'6" bamboo rod that one can almost substitute for the other. If I sold it I would have to sell it with the Pflueger Medalist 1492 reel and spare spool and the new Orvis Wonderline that has been cut in the middle to go with it (you would get both halves of the DT line with sufficient backing for emergencies). I have a tube for it but the original sock needs replacing (my wife is sceduled to make me a new one. Because this is a complete magical retro package, I would need $135. I would also be willing to part with what I call my Curtis Creek Manifesto Special. It is the same pack rod recommended in the back of Sheridan Anderson's paperback comic book classic. It is in terrific condition. It is the famous 8'6" 5pc 6wt. It comes with original sock and tube. Like Mr. Anderson, I prefer to cast a 5wt with this rod but you might like it as it is rated. I have cast 75' with it down at the Green Lake casting dock and though certainly experienced, I am not known for my casting ability. I would part with this beauty for $110. I live in Seattle and you are welcome to come cast either. This moment of weakness is probably transitory so hit me up while the cash still intrigues me for summer travel plans. My phone number is (206) 417-7163 but tomorrow I will be at Seattle Fire Station 40 for overtime making some of that needed cash. You can reach me on our private line at the station: (206) 523-0110. I will be there from 7:30 AM tomorrow until 7:30 Sunday. I will have the rods with me in case you are serious and want to come see and/or cast them. I can also package the 5pc with old Pflueger and line if needed. Call me or email me your phone number and I'll call you. Again, this offer may not last long. I actually like all the rods. It's just that I fish either my bamboo or my custom Glastech 3pc 6wt glass rod made for me by Dennis Franke a few years ago when he was still in business. I also have another Fenwick, a 5pc 8wt but I don't want to part with it quite yet.
    Randy

PS This really is subject to change depending on mood and cash needs so act soon if you are really interested.

5. Randy Knapp

The 8 1/2' 5pc Fenwick pack rod is now listed on eBay and is no longer available. I haven't listed the 7 1/2' 4pc and Pflueger 1492 yet.
    Randy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.