Fenwick Woodstream

3K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  Blake Harmon 
#1 ·
#3 ·
Hey Mark,
This one should be a graphite rod...

HMG stand for High modulus graphite...

Quote:
in 1973, Fenwick was the first company to introduce an all-graphite rod. This was known as the "High Modulus Graphite" rod, or "HMG." Graphite would go on to revolutionize the way that most rods would be made...

If you are interested in Fenwick fiberglass rods (I am a fan too :) ), not sure if you are aware of this wiki page...several members over fiberglassflyrodders has made a nice wiki pages see link below... Mark

http://fiberglass-fly-rods.pbworks.com/w/page/5182977/Fenwick

#4 ·
Hey Mark,
This one should be a graphite rod...

HMG stand for High modulus graphite...

Quote:
in 1973, Fenwick was the first company to introduce an all-graphite rod. This was known as the "High Modulus Graphite" rod, or "HMG." Graphite would go on to revolutionize the way that most rods would be made...

If you are interested in Fenwick fiberglass rods (I am a fan too :) ), not sure if you are aware of this wiki page...several members over fiberglassflyrodders has made a nice wiki pages see link below... Mark

http://fiberglass-fly-rods.pbworks.com/w/page/5182977/Fenwick
Thanks for the info Mark, I'm not interested in this rod, and don't know a lot about old Fenwicks, even tho I probably should, it just looked like glass and had a cool handle and reel seat so I thought it might be of interest to someone.
I think I'll check out the link you mentioned.

I accually had a old Fenwick many years ago, I don't even remember what model it was. I think it was either a 7wt
or 8wt, I think one of my kids broke it. I've also cast a couple and thought they were pretty sweet casting rods, I just didn't fish enough small water were I thought glass would be the way to go. I now think differently.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.