Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

Fiberglass get together

Fiberglass 
7K views 73 replies 18 participants last post by  tonemike 
#1 ·
I want to host a gathering of people interested in fiberglass fly rods. I'd like to get a dozen people or so, with a variety of glass rods to showcase. You don't have to bring any rods, but it would be preferred if you did! I live in North Seattle/Lake City and have a park across the street for casting. Food will be provided, BYOB.

I'll have a 7'6" 6 weight Actionglas from the 60's as well as a 6'6" 3 weight no name blank that I am building and a Fenwick FL84-5 that was built in to a spinning rod that I stripped and am rebuilding into a fly rod.

I am looking at weekend dates between August 24 and September 22. Let me know if you are interested in coming and what dates might work for you.

Reactions: tonemike
#31 ·
Ok guys, the date will be sunday September 8, let's get together at 2 with a plan to eat and mingle first and cast after that. I'll provide the main dish and dessert if everyone else wants to bring a side/salad. Reply here if you are going to attend and I will pm everyone as we get close to the date with an address. I'm really looking forward to this!

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G

#33 ·
I'll say I'm a "maybe" right now. With the 2 Fly a couple weeks away at that point, we'll be making trips up doing some recon trips and talking to shops. But will bring rods from 6-10wt if I do show. :)

Reactions: Polar Shrimp
#37 ·
Excellent, glad people are going to be able to make it.

John, you didn't miss it. I'll pm everyone with an address and any additional details in a couple weeks.

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G

#47 ·
#48 ·
Ahh, dang it. Annual family trip to the Okanogan County Fair that weekend. I have the worst luck on cool fly fishing events. :mad: Somebody post some pics following.

#51 ·
Guys
I had a wonderful time. Tom, great meeting you. You brought some fabulous offerings. Easy to see why the Steffen 8' 4 is so popular. Jack, your 5 is like an old shoe, but still shiny. Those 7' Fenwicks are special. Great meeting new faces and there was a fine selection of rods.
Gary, thanks for driving the bus, and the lasagna was awesome.

#52 ·
Like the rest of you, I enjoyed meeting great guys, eating well, and casting some sweet rods - old and new. I had never cast a Wojnici (and I've apparently never spelled it either), Steffen, new Tom Morgan, The Butter Stick, or the new cabelas CGT. Nice people and a spectacular sunny day! That was time well spent!

#55 ·
Those photos only cover about half the rods that were present. There were at least two Hardy rods: A current model 6' 2wt (or was it a 3wt?), and a huge vintage cannon that was like an 11' 8wt or something insane like that.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.