Fiberglass get together

Discussion in 'Bamboo, Fiberglass & Classic Reels' started by Gary Knowels, Jun 25, 2013.

1. Jeff, love to have you!, with any luck, your rod might be ready for pickup then too.

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G

Jeff Dodd likes this.
  2. I have it on my calendar, and will have a few modern glass rods for your casting pleasure.

Gary Knowels likes this.
  3. If you're bring'n a Morgan, I just want 2-3 minutes to look to at it - and, maybe, watch you cast it. I won't touch it.

4. The Morgan, to be cleat, should be in my hands in a week. It is a Morgan blank built by Matt Leiderman. It's a 7'6" 5wt. I will bring it assuming I have it.

5. Ron McNeal likes this.
  6. Ahh, dang it. Annual family trip to the Okanogan County Fair that weekend. I have the worst luck on cool fly fishing events. :mad: Somebody post some pics following.

7. What better way (almost like going fishing) to spend a nice sunny day than to enjoy it casting some absolutely wonderful fiberglass rods, old and new. Great bunch of guys there too. Thanks Gary for making it happen.
    Jack

PS I hope one of the other attendees will have some better photos.
    J

DSC01995.jpg DSC02001.jpg
    Jack

8. That was a seriously good time! It was great to meet a few WFF members and to cast around 40 (?) rods. Some of those rods were amazingly good. Pretty much none were dogs, which was a surprise.

Kent Lufkin likes this.
  9. Guys
    I had a wonderful time. Tom, great meeting you. You brought some fabulous offerings. Easy to see why the Steffen 8' 4 is so popular. Jack, your 5 is like an old shoe, but still shiny. Those 7' Fenwicks are special. Great meeting new faces and there was a fine selection of rods.
    Gary, thanks for driving the bus, and the lasagna was awesome.

Kent Lufkin likes this.
  10. Like the rest of you, I enjoyed meeting great guys, eating well, and casting some sweet rods - old and new. I had never cast a Wojnici (and I've apparently never spelled it either), Steffen, new Tom Morgan, The Butter Stick, or the new cabelas CGT. Nice people and a spectacular sunny day! That was time well spent!

Kent Lufkin likes this.
  11. Jack (& others)
    The Fly Fishing Museum on the left coast is in Florence, Oregon. Well worth the stop.
    280 Nopal St, Florence, OR

(541) 997-6349

Jack Devlin likes this.
  12. All that glass and not a House of Hardy to be seen, too bad that I live so far away. I could have represented Hardy at the gathering.:D

13. Those photos only cover about half the rods that were present. There were at least two Hardy rods: A current model 6' 2wt (or was it a 3wt?), and a huge vintage cannon that was like an 11' 8wt or something insane like that.

14. Fourth rod in is a Hardy with a Hardy reel!
    Jack
    DSC01995.jpg

15. I saw the Hardy reel, all my glass Hardys are dark brown. But then they are from the sixties.:D

16. Gene brought an incredibly diverse collection, including a couple big guys. That 10.5' 7wt will make a man out of you.

Lugan likes this.
  17. I have a 10.5 foot 7 weight Hardy Invincible.

18. Yes, that is the same beast of a rod Gene brought!