filthy animals

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by cuponoodle breakfast, Jan 27, 2014.

1. Had a couple of deer cross below me this morning. The first deer ran across the river at full speed. This one had to pause first before crossing. I found it quite rude.
    rvrpssr1.JPG rvrpssr2.JPG

2. We've all heard the old saying;... "does a deer shit in the river....?

Well, now we have proof!

Krusty, Peyton00 and triploidjunkie like this.
  3. Low holers.

Lugan and triploidjunkie like this.
  4. She was
    serving you some milk duds.

Lugan, David Loy and triploidjunkie like this.
  5. Come on now what is wrong with a good field dump. We all have been there and most likely will again.:rolleyes:

6. This thread could get fun.

7. You can't hold what you don't have in your hands.

8. Chuming in the river.

9. I don't know about you, but the sound of running water does this to me everytime. At least she had the decency to flush.

10. Aquapoop... that's it, everybody outta the pool!

11. Hey, if those are floaters she may be onto something, those might make interesting strike indicators. Not very visible though.

12. Stinking beads!

atomic dog likes this.
  13. Quit bitching. She is downstream of you.

14. Oddly enough, I've seen that happen while watching two deer cross a small stream that fed into the lake I was fishing.

I thought I had imagined it. Now I know it was for real.

For all we know, that's how the local deer always poop or pee. Something about the moving water... I guess...

15. This is getting weird.
    In the middle of an Idaho river last year, I watched as a cow moose ambled along the bank past the risers I'd been casting to. It waded into the river below me, then began wading towards me. I was getting a little concerned so stopped casting to observe and plan my getaway from the waist deep currents. The critter then crouched and took a dump in the river as it gazed at me with a strained look in her eyes, she then waded across and onto the far bank into the brush, much to the relief of both of us.
    I don't know what the deal is - maybe they're trying to send us all some kind of message or something - like I said, all these reports tell me it's getting pretty weird out there. Not sure what it means...

triploidjunkie likes this.
  16. If there had been hatchery trout in there, you coulda/shoulda "matched the hatch" and tied on one of these :)

untitled.png

17. I think the moose turd pattern calls for a size 2 hook...
    "Big bait - big fish"; I did get some nice size fish in that area that day. They had a lot of bulk to them...

18. Now hey, that would make a strike indicator that would support a #2 stone nymph. :rolleyes:

19. I think they do this so they don't get caught with their pants down by a predator, Well maybe not their pants but how about their guard down?

20. Women of all stripes love a bidet.

Alex MacDonald and Bill Aubrey like this.