finally got my 20 pounder

Discussion in 'Spey Clave' started by Panhandle, Oct 29, 2010.

1. On a dead drifted Sofa pillow dry thrown upstream I take it?

2. Nice fish! Now go buy a cloth tape, and work on your picture taking skills.

3. LOL, I was going to say that. You lose an inch an hour out of the water. ROFL (wish that was true LOL).

Great fish anyways. I wouldn't bitch about that fish.

4. I guess I should have gone, but my 40 week pregnant wife might not have smiled at me when i delivered the message!

Atta boy !

5. In oregon that fish would have gone 22 lbs. lol

6. Adam,

Thanks for being HONEST about it once you had a chance to get a proper measurement. Nice fish nonetheless and it will grill up fantastic. Try a cajun rub with olive oil and mesquite wood chips for smoke flavor. Scrape off the grey layer (post grilling) which separates the skin and inner muscle. Goes a long way in removing the gamey flavor of steelhead.

Dryline?

William

7. Nice fish regardless. I would shake my stick at a fish like that any day! Congrats.

8. Intermediate, William. Thanks for the recipe.

9. For all the years I've chased Mr. Steelhead ... I've only 'broken' the 20# barrier once. (26#8oz). HUGE CONGRATULATIONS to you. It may well be a once in a life-time experience.
    fae

10. I got one up north this year...if I didn't have a tape I would have sworn it was 40"...Ok, it was just over 33" I was pretty sure my tape was screwed up..lol...

kind of wish I didn't have that tape on me...40 sounds so much better... :)

hot fish with fat tails tend to do that to you sometimes!!!

11. Dang. It's big and beautiful.

12. The first time he measured it he used Poppy's "special" Red Shed tape. After 12" every number is 40".

Nice fish Pan!

13. Nice fish but no where near 20...

14. Actually a few pounds short, Mark, but once again, thanks for your expert opinion. Your odd ego never ceases to amaze us that know you.

15. I keep a tape measure like that in my bedroom....

wayne

16. Adam you know me, I am just a guy who looks to get a rise out of people like you because its fun and with out joking and sarcasm life would be boring!!! And whom are you speaking for when you refer to we?? You and your fish or the mouse in your pocket?

;) its just for fun lighten up purist

17. Read your post. Where would one detect humor or sarcasm? Its a cop out to be passive aggressive then blame the person for being sensitive. Now, if you were just trying to get a reaction, that makes you an asshole with a weird sense of humor.

18. Like I said, you know me so if I was an asshole with a strange sense of humor I would have left you on the other side of the river all day with no lunch. Next time you bonk a fish weigh it to prove its a 20 instead of posting "I caught a 20 pounder on the CW!!" When in actuallity it is slightly above average sized b run ( something like 15-16 pounds) which is still awesome. Actions speak louder than words, just sayin. Nice fish and I know the feeling its hard to contain your excitement when you catch a big fish! But dude do you really want to see posts from me about some of the critters that find themselves on the end of my line??

19. Ya, I would love for you to post pics of your huge fish. Here's the conditions though: The fish must be caught on a fly rod, without an indicator, no bead, not on the SF, and prior to march. Now what?