First cast and blast

Discussion in 'Cast & Blast' started by NewFlyLady, Jun 16, 2008.

1. NewFlyLady

NewFlyLady New Member

Well, with 1 1/2 weeks at our place in Montana what was I to do. Fishing has slowed and we had a new .22 that was calling my name. Husband gave me some training and yesterday I had my first target practice. By the end I hit the red dot in the middle of a 3" square at 70 yards three times in a row. I was ready! The warm weather has brought out the sage rats so today was my first chance. Bingo, this one had to be a careful shot as it was standing on a rock. After that I headed for the river for a little lunchtime fly fishing. How can it get better than hunting and fishing during my lunch break from work. :thumb: This cast and blast thing is pretty fun.

2. Gary Thompson

Gary Thompson dirty dog

Right on NFL.
    Wait until it pheasant season, with chasing roosters in the AM and fat trout in the PM.
    Life doesn't get much better than that.

3. Roper

Roper Idiot Savant

Media:
    Kudos NFL, and welcome to the fraternity of multi-tasking in a good way...:thumb:

4. NewFlyLady

NewFlyLady New Member

Pretty fun AND I was able to get my compound bow set up on the way back to Washington. As of Sunday I have a practice range set up and I am learning archery. Bring on the turkeys and maybe some day I will graduate to antelope.

5. Charlie S

Charlie S Confrimed Reprobate

Hey young lady....did you fry them or bbq them? You know your mother taught you to never waste game. I'm sure your hubby would have liked them in a brown gravy with muchrooms over rice....

6. NewFlyLady

NewFlyLady New Member

They are in the freezer waiting for you. I figure you are such a good cook of wild game that I would let you handle it the next time you are over. :thumb:

7. Itchy Dog

Itchy Dog Some call me Kirk Werner

Media:
    Home Page:
    Nice work, NFL.

Archery for pronghorns, eh? That sounds daunting. Best practice beyond 40 yards eh?
    I've found that time spent on the archery range is very relaxing, like casting a fly line in the back yard. The two sports have a lot in common.

8. Charlie S

Charlie S Confrimed Reprobate

When I was at NFL's house on the Madison there were pronghorms within 20 feet of her deck. She ought to just practice throwing her butcher knife at them.

9. Rackaholic

Rackaholic New Member

Media:
    Isn't that the truth. I taught two friends of mine, who are archery hunters, to fly fish several years ago, and guess what they gave me...........another expensive obsession.