First chrome on the swing

Discussion in 'Spey Clave' started by James W., Jan 30, 2012.

1. Hey Everyone,
    Yesterday my buddy and I floated the Skagit River in a cold, driving rain. At our second stop along the river, I caught my first steelhead on my new two-handed rod and and my first steelie on the swing. I was using a purple egg-sucking moal leech.

Last night my family and I enjoyed fresh steelhead off the grill. What a great day.

By noon yesterday we were so cold that we rowed out the last 4 miles. A hard, cold rain was falling.

Thanks to everyone who gave me advice to get started.

James W.

2. Congratulations, nice job.

3. Congrats! Hope you're ready to give everything else up to chase chrome, because that's probably what's going to happen!

4. Congratulations! Sounds like a brutal day though.

Sg

5. Congrats on your fine and pleasant misery as Patrick McMannus would say. Well done.

6. :thumb:Awesome!

7. Great! The weather will make the fish all the more memorable. (They shouldn't come easy.)

8. Great fish from a tough river!

9. Now you are screwed...... Once you catch a Chromer on the swing you will never go back..... Now go get another!

10. Nice going!

Leland.

11. Nicely done! It's not easy finding one on the swing and you did it on a difficult river.

12. Very cool. The nasty weather makes your success all the sweeter. Congrats!

13. Congrats!

14. \m/ metal!

15. catching a fish is good.
    Congratulations, and welcome to the disease! and the cure!
    Bob

16. Congratulations on your first!

And yes, welcome to the addiction!

17. Thanks, everyone, for the kind words. I've been fishing for 38 years, and I consider this a milestone. 2 handed casting is so much fun. Yes, I'll be stuck on steelhead for a while.

18. Nice, we all remember our first. mine was 31 years ago on a cold March day, I can still remember seeing a silver fish jump out of the water, and then realizing it was on my line and moving fast.
    HE

19. Awesome. Hopefully the first of many to come.