First season with a spey rod.

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Johnathon Quarrell, Nov 23, 2013.

1. Johnathon Quarrell

Johnathon Quarrell Member

Hey everyone,

My name is Johnathon and this is my first post on the site and was looking to see if anyone out there is looking for people to fish with? I just purchased my first spey rod a few weeks ago and am picking it up fairly well however, I have a hard time motivating myself to go out all day by myself. So if anyone is looking to fish with someone who has no problem fishing sun up to sun down let me know. I pretty much fish anything and am always looking to learn a thing or two. Thanks a lot.

2. astrofisher

astrofisher Clear Skies

Media:
    Home Page:
    Hello, Johnathon. I don't own a spey rod - just wanted to say hello and welcome you to the site.

3. Rick LaRiviere

Rick LaRiviere Active Member

Hey Johnathon,

I do have a spey rod, but I live a long way from you. Also just wanted to welcome you to the site, and to the world of two handers. You're gonna love it!

Rick

4. Salmo_g

Salmo_g Active Member

Media:
    Johnathon,

It would be useful if your post including information about where you are and roughly where you're interested in going fishing. You're more likely to be contacted if people think you live near them, as opposed to say, a two-day drive away.

Sg

5. Johnathon Quarrell

I think you may have a point there haha. I live in Seattle and I often fish the Puget sound and Cascades areas. I make the occasional trip to the Yakima as well. Lately Ive been exploring the Skykomish river quite a bit. Thanks for the feedback on that Im sure it will help tremendously.

Johnathon

6. John Wallace

John Wallace Active Member

There maybe no fish, but I will be out Thanksgiving day in the morning for a while no the Snoq. river around Fall city. If you would like to meet me or if anyone else would. We can meet in Fall city and go from there.

golfman44 likes this.
  7. golfman44

golfman44 Active Member

Media:
    Take this man up on this offer.

Him and his brother helped my casting immensely in just a few hours. Shaved months off the learning curve

8. rustybee

rustybee Active Member

Welcome to the site Jonathan.

9. William Wallace

William Wallace Active Member

Welcome Johnathon!!

As my brother said we will be out for just the morning tomorrow, but we are always looking for people to go with. I am not the greatest caster, but if golfman44 says we did good, well then, we are good!!

But in serious note, we do try to get out a lot, whether steelhead, or trout. You found a great site, with tons of info. If you have a question use the search forums, it will keep you going for awhile. As for someone to go with, as I said my brother and I would love to have another person around, he gets boring after awhile, unless we have fireball in my side pouch! Then things get fun!

As for golfman44 and his casting, I think he knew how to do it all the time and just wanted to look like he didn't. Naw, only saw couple things he could change, he listened and then did it. The guy was casting almost across the river in a short time.

Keep in touch and hope to see you out there. If looking to go in morning, just get a hold of me and I will let you know where, when.

William BRAVEHEART Wallace
    FREEEEEEEEEEEDOOOOOM!!

10. Old Man

Old Man Just an Old Man

Media:
    Welcome. I had Spey rod but I sold it. I'm just as happy as you are, but I fish with a single hander.

11. Johnathon Quarrell

Thanks for the replys everyone! It's strange to know all I had to do was throw the question out there and so many people would wanna go fish! As for thanksgiving I'm currently in New Mexico with my family and won't be back until Sunday. But I will absolutely get ahold of all of you as soon as I figure out my next day out. Thanks again an hope to see you guys on the water. Til then hope you all have some good luck out there.

Thanks!!

John

12. Rod Wittner

Rod Wittner Active Member

Media:
    From the eastside, I bid you a hardy "Howdy" and welcome to WFF.

13. Jeff Sawyer

Jeff Sawyer Active Member

Media:
    Welcome, I'd love to have someone to go out and swing a few runs with too, so throw my name in the hat.

14. Jeff Sturm

Jeff Sturm Member

Johnathon, I've been toying with the idea of getting a Spey Rod, but haven't pulled the trigger yet. I try to get out weekly (mostly for SRCs lately) and wouldn't mind meeting up.

Jeff