First Steelhead

Discussion in 'Steelhead' started by Cactus, Aug 28, 2011.

1. Cactus Dana Miller

Tacoma, WA, USA.
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    Thankfully, the fish was as dumb as me![IMG]
  2. Matthew Gulbranson Resident Swinger

Seattle, WA
    Ratings: +47 / 0
    Congrats on your first fish!! That memory will be forever etched in your fishing consiousness. Just don't expect that kind of luck to last :) That pull on the swing and first run is awesome.
  3. sroffe Member

Seattle, WA
    Ratings: +16 / 0
    Is that like catching 2 fish of a life time? :)

Never the less, Good Job.
  4. avs16win Member

Seattle, WA
    what's a top rope and a free solo and a trad route?
  5. fly dds member

camas, wa
    Ratings: +5 / 0
    Solid work, but its not really a catch unless you wear your top hat and tails. ; )
  6. Kaiserman content

Ratings: +437 / 0
    NIIIIIIIICE!!!

I caught my first, my first day out too! 3 hrs and 45 mins into it, with an egg sucking leech. Which translates, that everyone else here would have caught two in half that time. :clown:

You never forget you first, great job man - too bad no pic, but that just means the second will be even sweeter!
  7. Dustin Bise Active Member

Ratings: +7 / 0
    top rope
    [IMG]

free solo
    [IMG]

trad
    [IMG]
  8. Matthew Gulbranson Resident Swinger

Seattle, WA
    Ratings: +47 / 0
    That free solo pic is awesome! Wowww!
  9. avs16win Member

Seattle, WA
    ok so top roping is like nymphing beads under a bobber, free climbing is like swinging with hand tied flies and trad'ing is like dead drift/strip-swinging an egg sucking leech

got it
  10. Nooksack Mac Active Member

Bellingham, WA, USA.
    Ratings: +121 / 0
    I think "trad" means traditional climbing: with protection from ropes, pitons, chocks, and belays from partners. If trad climbing is prose, free solo looks like poetry - or sometimes a suicide note. Imagine another clear photo of the young lady a minute later, her face contorted with horror as she starts to drop several hundred feet, after her apparently "bombproof" hand hold suddenly broke loose. Free solo is a sport where your first significant mistake is likely to kill or cripple you. Or have you never so much as snagged a backcast while fly fishing?

I apologize for having taken this thread off-topic.