NFR Fish Art show and tell

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Brian White, Jun 27, 2012.

1. Brian White

Brian White Recovering Bugmeister

Anyone have artistic talent, or know someone who does?

Some time ago, I asked my wife to draw me a pic of a brookie so I could put it in my office. My prosek books are boxed up in the garage so she went online, glanced at a pic of a brookie on my iPad for a minute or so, then went over to the table and drew this for me using my daughter's pastel chalk or crayons or something.

Anyway I thought it was pretty cool. She just whipped this pic out after putting an image in her memory. She didn't like the results, but I am really happy with it.

Anyone else want to show off their fishing-related arts and crafts in a "not for commerce" thread? Not even sure this thread is appropriate, so my ask would be if you choose to respond consider keeping the responses G rated. A nude interpretive dance designed to evoke the salmon spawning is perhaps best shared on another site.

Note to moderators - wasn't sure if this was an appropriate thread. Begging forgiveness now as I didn't ask for permission before....
    BrookiePic.jpg

2. jwg

jwg Active Member

Beautiful image
    There,s a market for this sort of thing
    J

3. kylemccurdy

kylemccurdy Member

My buddies mom does amazing realism animal paintings. Including some wonderful fish.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. triploidjunkie

triploidjunkie Active Member

Cool thread! I just stole my new avatar from Bob White(thanks Bob). I love fish art.

5. wadin' boot

wadin' boot Donny, you're out of your element...

The board would be a lot more fun with threads like this than what 4 weight and line to buy...Your wife has a knack.

I do believe though that if you open the door to art, you open the door to dance, and speaking as a big fan of nude interpretive dance and salmon, as are the majority of board members and moderators, especially Jerry and Taxon, you don't want to shut us out. It's a small community, but a tight one. I think Old man Jim has some dance videos on a website somewhere. It's not quite the full monty, but I am sure he can teach you some slides and ribbon pirhouttes. That man has pelvis moves that make Shakira look like a plate of quivering half-set jello...

6. Old Man

Old Man Just an Old Man

Thank you.... All comments are not nice. But what the hell this is the internet and Wading Boot likes to stick it to me.

On the other hand my Granddaughter is quite the artist. She does people and is really good at it. I think I will see if she will do up a brown trout for me.

7. Ed Call

Ed Call Mumbling Moderator Staff Member

Funny as that is...

OMJ openly stating that WB likes sticking it to him...priceless!

triploidjunkie likes this.
  8. Charles Sullivan

Charles Sullivan dreaming through the come down

I love me some nude dancing! Now to the stage.......

Nice art gentlemen. Those ladies are pretty good.

Go Sox,
    cds

9. Islander

Islander Steve

Beautiful work, thanks for posting them. There was a guy on the board a while back, I think his name was Sean, his signature on the drawing is too small for me to read. Anyway, he did caricature drawings and I had him do one for my son's first fish on the fly. A drawing of me with my son holding an 18 rainbow from Lone Lake. He did it from some photos I sent him and we still get comments from folks that see it hanging on the wall.

10. wadin' boot

wadin' boot Donny, you're out of your element...

Jim I didn't mean to offend you, just goofin' around. Here is a video apology from me to you that fits within the bounds of Brian's original request to keep things PG:

Of art and the board- You got Yuhina who does watercolors of trouts, Itchy Dog with his Olive art, MacRowdy with his flywallets, Bugthrower, ORad, Josh and a ton of other guys who are phenomenal photographers. You got flat out here's how you do it writers like Ford Fenders and Roger Stephens. There's Zen Piscator the Steelhead Poet. Citori the Advice Columnist (bring it back Citori), video guys like Matt Burke and Alpinetrout and Topwater. There's a ton of folks I haven't mentioned...Sheesh if only they would all post more!

dryflylarry likes this.
  11. Old Man

Old Man Just an Old Man

I know you weren't. I take everything like a joke. I seem to miss a lot of the older people, not that Zen is old. But collage must be good for him.