Fish cat 9IR vs Bucks Bags high adventure 9

Discussion in 'Watercraft' started by DanielOcean, Feb 13, 2014.

1. DanielOcean

DanielOcean Steelhead Virgin

Media:
    I am ordering one of these two as early as today or when I make up my mind. The fish cat is 200 dollars more. Can you guys tell me if there is a significant enough difference between the two to warrant going with either one? Both have similar pontoons, and frame.

2. Luke77

Luke77 I hope she likes whitefish

Media:
    Can I ask why you've decided on a framed craft rather than frame-less?

3. DanielOcean

Media:
    Luke,

Honestly no reason what so ever. I have no idea what the hell I am doing. I know that I am about 260 lbs and was thinking that a framed craft would be better for a man of my girth.

DH Drifter likes this.
  4. Luke77

Luke77 I hope she likes whitefish

Media:
    Before pulling the trigger, I would look at 3 criteria that MIGHT change your mind.

1. How will you be transporting the craft?
    2. How much $ are you willing to spend (blow) on it?
    3. Do you want to fin and fish from the craft or just use it as transportation?

Obviously there are many more differences and reasons to purchase each, but hopefully this will get you started. If I could make a recommendation, I would save the scratch and pick up a frame-less craft just for their versatility. If you'd like to chat offline more, shoot me a message.

5. Guy Gregory

Guy Gregory Active Member

Two boats very similar, I tend to prefer the Buck's oar position, but it's like preferring Laphroiag over Lagevulin, they're both pretty good. I don't think you can go wrong. MSRP delta is about 100 bucks, why the 200 spread?

6. Kcahill

Kcahill Active Member

I would wait another month for the weather to warm up a little bit and peoples wives force them into spring cleaning the garage\yard and see what comes up for sale used.

7. DanielOcean

Media:
    I have done alot of searching around and I can get the bucks for 500., and the 9IR is 700 cheapest I can find.

8. Blue

Blue Active Member

Home Page:
    The IR is Asian the Bucks USA if that matters. The IR is Vinyl bladder. Not sure the Bucks Model you are looking at assuming the South Fork are Urethane (Alpine is the only Vinyl by Bucks) This is a big difference to me, but might not matter to you.
    I will say, you will sit higher on a Frame Model than a frameless. You can wear Hip waders (on some frameless you can as well). A little more effected by the wind but easier to long cast or sight fish. Transporting, either is easy when deflated. Inflated kinda moot point as it will be about the same size, just lighter.