Fish finder on a pontoon

Discussion in 'Watercraft' started by Santo Roman, Jun 16, 2013.

1. Cascadian New Member

Ratings: +0 / 0
    I dunno. Perhaps a bad batch were manufactured when first released? It is obviously the first of its kind to use wireless transducers so I guess it is a bit of a first-gen technology, which you expect a certain level of bugs to be worked out. Overall though, I would say I have been generally pleased with both the product and the customer service.
  2. Blue Active Member

Salt Lake City, UT
    Ratings: +104 / 0

First off let me say I am not trying to talk down this unit. I am glad it is perfect for you and I do see the beauty in it, but it really isn't new. My brother bought his over ten years ago.
  3. Cascadian New Member

Ratings: +0 / 0

I never said it was new... I merely mentioned that it was the first of its kind to use wireless tranducers. Take it for what it's worth. The OP wanted to know what people were using on float tubes. That is my solution.
  4. ryfly Addicted to flyfishing

Snoqualmie, WA
    Ratings: +45 / 0
    I have the Humminbird 120 that I stick into a 5 inch long piece of PVC that is attached to my Prowler using a single NRS tie down strap. I use my Humminbird mostly for water temp and depth as well as structure-side scan does point out fish as well.