Fish Whispering fly fishing show coming to WA

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by james.jimenez, Jul 23, 2014.

1. james.jimenez

james.jimenez Active Member

Just got an update... Looks like he will be heading towards the Cascades!!!

Bob Triggs likes this.
  2. james.jimenez

james.jimenez Active Member

The "CASCADES" episode should be airing this Friday at 10pm on the Comcast Sportsnet Northwest channel!!!!!

3. GAT

GAT Dumbfounded

I hope it's better than the last episode. He was fishing for tiger trout in a creek the size of a tiny irrigation ditch and caught nothing but a ton of 4-5 inch rainbow. He never did catch a tiger trout.

4. GAT

GAT Dumbfounded

I watched the episode that was shot in the Washington Cascades. It wasn't exactly a fish and tell kind'a deal... the small stream looked like just about every other small Cascade Range stream I've seen in Oregon or Washington.

Again, he didn't catch anything of any size which doesn't surprise me. I learned to fly fish on a cascade stream similar to the size of the one he was fishing and also never caught any trout of any size.

Once in awhile Gin and I go back to that stream to wet wade and fish for the small native, wild trout with dry flies... just for ol' time sake... plus, it is a beautiful creek.

So, no worries, the show didn't pinpoint anything and considering he didn't catch anything of significant size, I doubt if there will be herds of anglers stampeding to the Washington Cascades.

5. Yak

Yak Member

I thought he mentioned on the episode the location was a trib to an S river...

6. GAT

GAT Dumbfounded

He may have but it was certainly vague if he did. And like I said, I sure as the devil wouldn't go out of my way to try and track down a single, remote Cascade stream that holds small trout. Most all of them hold trout that size.

7. Nogz

Nogz New Member

He identified it as a trib (not by name) to a certain S river (by name).

It took him about 20 minutes into the half hour show to get a fish to hand, and it was about 6 inches.

No need to prepare for the incoming hordes, I think. It did give me some pleasure in knowing it took a TV host that long to find a taker, even if he does seem like a good (and kind of goofy) guy.

8. GAT

GAT Dumbfounded

I have no doubt that most in WA and OR who frequently fish Cascade Range streams could have caught a trout much quicker than he did.

It isn't rocket science when it comes to the wild trout in those small creeks.

I've never needed anything other than an Adams, an Elk Hair Caddis or a Royal Wulff.

He seems like a nice guy and all that but it was almost embarrassing that he had such a hard time catching a six inch trout in a tiny stream.

Oh well... at least it is real flyfishing. That's why I watch the show. He falls down. He gets hung up. He doesn't always catch a lot of fish nor catch giant ones. He does have a sense of humor and likes dogs so he's okay in my book.

james.jimenez and Nogz like this.
  9. Old Man

Old Man Just an Old Man

Media:
    If you know where to go in the Cascades you can catch fish of all sizes. Not just small fish all day long. And I ain't telling.

10. bennysbuddy

bennysbuddy the sultan of swing

The search & discovery is half the fun !

11. Bugger Bill

Bugger Bill Member

“It's not a man purse, its called a satchel. Indiana Jones has one. ”

12. GAT

GAT Dumbfounded

I thought they were called "European Man Bags" :)

I know some guys use them.. I'm just kidding... as I'm prone to do from time to time.