Fishing Lenice on Friday - any one else?

Discussion in 'Stillwater' started by dp, May 14, 2013.

1. dp ~El Pescador

.Renton, Wa
    Ratings: +91 / 0
    Not sure what I am driving as it depends if I have one or two people with me.
    anyone else going to be there?
    I am planning to fish buggers, hares ears and damsels on an intermediate unless someone tells me differently.
    I'll be in a green fish cat pontoon. Hope to see some guys out there.

dp
  2. Evan Virnoche Guest

Ratings: +0 / 0
    the question one must ask themselves. have you cheacked the weather reports>?
  3. dp ~El Pescador

.Renton, Wa
    I have been checking and I am determined to lake fish on Friday.
    The wind forced me to Rocky Ford last time - not this time.
    I will load my boat with rocks if need be. I need a Lenice fix!
    BASS_TURDS likes this.
  4. jwg Active Member

West Richland, WA
    Ratings: +112 / 0
    report?
    whats hatching?
    Jay
  5. dp ~El Pescador

.Renton, Wa
    fishing was fine. Weather cooperated from the time we arrived in the morning until mid affternoon when two good rainstorms came thru. Then the sun came out and dried us off and then Mr Wind decided to show up. That eventually got us off the water about 4:00. I say the fishing was fine because most of the fish that were caught averaged 14 inches. I got one that was 17" but the rest were small fish. They fought very well, but did not have the heft as in past years. I would say it is a rebuilding year for Lenice. I am going to try other waters before they heat up. Big chiro schucks and spent spinners were on the surface all day. Saw no damsels in the water, but they were flying in the afternoon. Olive or tan buggers got my fish. Blood worm and callebatis patterns worked for my buddies.