fishing near levenworth

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by M00se456, May 23, 2002.

1. M00se456 New Member

Bothell, WA, USA.
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    my parents just bought some land in levenworth on the wenatche river, and we are camping on it this weekend. Anyway what are some fishing options near levenworth or even a few hours away. I know there is fish lake near by, but i have never fished it. Also are there any rivers/streams in the area that are open yet. thanks for the info.
    Jesse
  2. Old Man Just an Old Man

Dillon, Mt
    Ratings: +1,664 / 0
    I might be old---but I'm good.

Most if not all the rivers in that area are closed year around. :SAD . Icicle creek is open from the hatchery up on the 1st of June. As I just fish running water I really don't know to much about the lakes. To be on the safe side be sure to check your "regs". Jim S.
  3. o mykiss Active Member

Ratings: +176 / 0
    Actually, the Icicle is open right now for chinook. I've never fished it though I hear it is combat fishing conditions. Unfortunately, I think your other options are pretty limited around Leavenworth. Fish Lake may be the best thing. It's too bad the Wenatchee is closed - I used to fish the Tumwater Canyon a fair amount as a kid. It was a fun place to fish you couldn't ask for a more beautiful setting.
  4. Kaari White Active Member

Seattle, WA
    Ratings: +31 / 0
    Just wondering...Will the Wenatchee River be reopened in the next few years or is it perminately closed? I used to love fishing that river...
  5. Old Man Just an Old Man

Dillon, Mt
    Ratings: +1,664 / 0
    I might be old---but I'm good.

That was a good river for fishing. Used to catch some good sizes rainbows in that area from the bridge at Tumwater down.

I read that planted that stream and several others in that area with steelhead smolts, but they still won't open it up. They say it is their way to build the runs back up. But who's to say if that is the right way or the wrong way to go. I sure wish that they would reopen it. It sure was good fishing. Jim S.