Fishing related Political Question: Sarah Palin and Pebble mine?

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by herl, Sep 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Matt Burke

Matt Burke Active Member

Media:
    Oh no, I still stand by my professional opinion and look at this like a metaphor. Let’s say the mayor of Forks was a member of the site. She had profile page not unlike that ball buster lady who thought she was a guide. I keep mentioning the mayor of Forks because that is the image I have of Palin. Let’s let oldman Jim be McCain. Obama can be Agent Montana(Edit: I’m sorry. I forgot that Agent was black. But he is the biggest liberal I know on the site.) I am voting for the biggest liberal on the outside chance he may change how we deal with our fish. It is apparent to me the GOP has done nothing to improve our odds fly fishing.

2. Hillbilly Redneck

Hillbilly Redneck wishin i was fishin

Media:
    I hope you guys read your voter's pamphlet more thoroughly than these threads.

1. no clue
    2. no clue
    3. I doubt it

3. Be Jofus G

Be Jofus G Banned or Parked

Media:
    1. Neutral according to her.

2. She's a female face targeting the soccer mom votes.(think cheney, bush but in reverse) The guy who washes and starches McCane's tighty whiteys will have more of an impact on the president's daily decisions than she will.

3. No, I will vote for the party that currently does not have control of congress every election. The less power either *cough* political party *cough* has the better.

4. If given a time machine dialed in to 1984 I'd definatly tap dat. :rofl:

4. HauntedByWaters

HauntedByWaters Active Member

WORD

5. gt

gt Active Member

Media:
  6. Scott Keith

Scott Keith Member

Media:
    "As part of a Bristol Bay fishing family myself, I would not support any resource development that would endanger the most sensitive and productive fishery in the world.

The State of Alaska has stringent laws and regulations already in place to prevent environmental problems. As Governor, I will empower our state regulators, oversight officers, and scientists to do their jobs in all areas of resource development. I promise all Alaskans my administration will enforce the laws to the letter and ensure protection of our fishing and environmental resources so they will not be compromised or endangered by development.

The Pebble Mine is a lightening rod for any discussion of open pit mining. The Pebble management firm, Northern Dynasty Mines, Inc., has not yet submitted a plan for public review and comment so the specific impacts are unknown. From completion of exploration to development could take 10 years or better because of permitting issues, public hearings and lawsuits. Northern Dynasty has a legal right to complete its studies and submit applications before the state judges the costs and benefits of the project. "

her own words quoted from her website when she was running for governor.

7. Mark Walker

Mark Walker Active Member

8. Matt Burke

Matt Burke Active Member

Media:
    That wont be necessary for me. I'm not sure if it truly is a right anymore.

9. Mike T

Mike T Active Member

Screw change!

I want gridlock! No bills passing means no more earmarks! Let the 9th circuit run into the ground! No more war authorizations, no more anti-war authorizations! It's the only way we can be safe from the bastards!

10. Scott Keith

Scott Keith Member

Media:
    I'm all for change, let's look at Barack's voting record...

http://obama.senate.gov/votes/

Why so many non votes is my question. He preaches change but doesn't even vote on most of the bills that are introduced in Congress? Oh yes universal health care, cause it works so well in other countries that have adopted it...

11. fullerfly

fullerfly Calvin Fuller

Media:
  12. golfman65

golfman65 Guest

They ALL LIE..it isn't about a political party but big business and special interest groups...

The revolution will not be televised....

13. Scott Keith

Scott Keith Member

Media:
    The claim was investigated by an ethics committee. They found she broke no laws because she was making the statement out of personal belief and not making the statement as the governor of Alaska. She must be doing something right to have such a high approval rating. I have read a lot of the bills that both McCain and Obama have introduced while in the Senate. McCain has a fair share of bills that have been pro-environmental support whil Obama's bills tend to be along the lines of "I want the senate to recognize this African-American because of the great things they did." I don't see many bills from him that are meaningful. Check it out for yourselves. --just a disclaimer I am in no ways racist and believe there are a lot of minorities that have done things for this country that should be recognized...

http://thomas.loc.gov/

This is the library of congresses search portal for senate activities. The media is going to put whatever spin they want on a story. It's hard to put a spin on anything when you are reading what the candidates have ACTUALLY said and ACTUALLY done, not just relying on some biased radio, newspaper, television outlet to give you their summary. Look at the bills these 2 men have introduced while they were in the senate. What they did there will be an indication of what they do in the Oval office.

14. Gary Thompson

Gary Thompson dirty dog

This thread is looking up.
    Lots of good info to be read.

15. golfman65

golfman65 Guest

16. Scott Keith

Scott Keith Member

Media:
  17. obiwankanobi

obiwankanobi Active Member

Media:
    I will give Sarah Palin credit on one thing and that she is an alumni from U of I. It just goes to show you that the best school in the NW, resides in Moscow, ID!!:beer2:

U of I Alumnus 2003

18. Tim Lockhart

Tim Lockhart Working late at The Office

Media:
    1 & 2 have been covered. As for 3, no. Not to diminish the importance of it but...um...last I checked, at present it seems we have bigger fish to fry as a nation. At herl's initial request I'll stick with that.

Order yours today!

19. Flyborg

Flyborg Active Member

Media:
    Yeah, well Larry Craig is a U of I alumni, and we know how well he worked out :) Aside from all the other crap he has going on, he's one of the worst enemies of salmon in the PNW.

20. Keith Hixson

Keith Hixson Active Member

Wow, I guess elected officials can't speak on any subject without breaking the law. I thought we had freedom of speech in this country and that also applies to elected official. She broke no law.

Keith

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.