Fishing Report..... AWESOME TIME!

Discussion in 'Stillwater' started by Chef, Jan 2, 2011.

1. Chef

Chef New Member

Man o' Man! What a gathering. Today meant a lot to me because it is the last day of my holiday vacation before I start my triple shifts for 5 months. All I wanted was an awesome time on the lake with friends and that is exactly what happened!

I thought perhaps I would be sneaky and take the 7 am ferry over thinking that it would give me some extra time to get both pontoons (mary borrowed one) ready before most people came. But it was sorta funny..... like 5 others were on in the same line for the same ferry! We all met up, talked and headed back to the trucks because it was soooo cold. It was a nice ferry ride over.

We all set up the toons and headed out. I set up the cookie station on a bench so people could help themselves. The neat thing was that others brought food too so by the time it was lunch time, there were tons of stuff. Cheese, crackers, awesome buritos, smoked trout... warm coffee.... it was like a buffet.

When we were on the water, you would hear the happy "fish on" or "whoo hooo" when someone hooked a fish.

I think everyone did pretty well and hope everyone had fun. Perhaps we do this annually. Great way to start off the new year!

Fishing for me: Not too bad. Had some good hits, didnt get caught up on the bottom too many times (once I think), caught a good looking trout, and missed two trout at the net (literatly). Saw some great wild life. Still have tons that I would like to continue to work on (landing fish being one of them) and would like to learn some other techniques that I saw today.

As far as pontoons go, I tried the renegade again but couldnt stay in it longer then 30 minutes before my butt started hurting. Changed up to the Sky (mary took the renegade) and added the tailbone pad and it worked awesome!

Thank you all who came. This was a great time that I will always remember and cherish.

p.s: Fish and Wildlife stopped by, looking for a fly fisher imposture...... steve said mumbles was not here. lol

I hope you enjoy the pics:

2. Chef

Chef New Member

Picture 1: This is a 7 am in crew getting ready to launch.
    Picture 2: The cookie station. Notice some missing..... I know who the cookie monster was. See picture 7!
    Picture 3: Lonely pontoons.....
    Picture 4: Lunch time!
    Picture 5: Mary getting ready for chironomide time!
    Picture 6: Here is our little buffet. Awesome!
    Picture 7: Steve hanging around the cookies tooooo much! Gotta watch him!
    Picture 8: My trout!

3. Jeff Dodd

Jeff Dodd Active Member

Media:
    Great time Chef, thanks for the delicious cookies and to all the others that brought the great food! Fun meeting a few folks from the board but lots of people I did't get to talk to (next time). Must have been close to 20 people fishing today, I imagine all were from wff.com

Ira and Kristy put on a clinic "Indicating" . Thanks for the bloodworm Ira.

Jeff

4. Loren Jensen

Loren Jensen Active Member

WOW! i can't wait to go out on a fishing trip similar to this. looks like you guys had a great time! maybe something like this could happen at pass lake...

5. Chef

Chef New Member

Ira and Kristy KILLED it out there.

6. Chef

Chef New Member

I would be down for Pass lake.....

7. Loren Jensen

??

8. Chef

Chef New Member

sorry: I would be DOWN for pass lake

9. Loren Jensen

oh okay haha i was like what??? yeah camoclad warrior and i went out there today but it was frozen. so i say when the ice disappears, we all get together. it would be awesome since i'm still pretty new to the whole fly fishing sport and this forum. i'm sure i could get some great advice..

10. Olive bugger

Olive bugger Active Member

Looks like the US Navy out there. Great report Chef, and glad everybody had great time.
    Believe me, I would have been there if I could but the body is weak even though the heart is strong. You guys make this web site a great place to visit. Hope 2011 brings you all good fortune and lottsa fish.

11. Bob Jones

Bob Jones Still truckless now farther away

Media:
    Last seen in Portland Or. via Tacoma,Puyallup, Wa.
    Hey guys and Mary that was great to see and good weather too. any one can propose somethiing like that and it doesn't take much in this group, cause every one wants to fish. I'c be willling to go almost any where for that so Pass Lake should be easy, Except I'd need a ride. I also think I'd need a thaw first. Happy fishin !! and good luck.

12. Ed Call

Ed Call Mumbling Moderator Staff Member

Media:
    Sounds like you guys and gals had an awesome time.

13. Steve Kokita

Steve Kokita FISHON206

That was fun! Great food, fishing and friends. That's what fly fishing is all about. What a turn out, the winter fish must've thought there was a hatch going on with all of our flies! Good job Chef, let's do it again!---Steve

PS---Kristy (and Ira too) you rock!! :thumb:

14. guitarfisher

guitarfisher Jeff W.

What a fabulous day and great folks! I had a blast and look forward to another WFF outing! :cool:
    Later I'll post a few of the pics I captured today.

15. Mark Yoshida

Mark Yoshida Active Member

Chef, great job on getting people out to fish. I wanted to say thanks to those (Greg, Mark and Jeff D) that donated flies to me since mine were sitting under the table at home. Each of the 5 flies caught fish with Jeff D's catching the most (6) on the type 6 until the last fish decided to keep it. Great to finally meet Islander after all this time and also see Steve K always chucking the indicator. The 1st Annual WFF Polar Bear Plunge?

16. Chef

Chef New Member

Hell yes! :)

17. guitarfisher

guitarfisher Jeff W.

18. Mark Horwath

Mark Horwath Member

Chef nice to meet you, along with gregg,mark,mary,jeff,and some others sorry for not remembering you names. Mark I just tied up that leach I haven't had time to fish it,glad to here you caught something with it.A outing at pass sounds good to me.Thanks to every one for the food. I'll ad my fish count for the day 13 hook ups 12 to the net not to shabby!
    Mark

19. Scott Salzer

Scott Salzer previously micro brew

Mark:

First the wallet at RSL, then the flies under the table.... What's next?

MB

20. maryfish

maryfish New Member

Media:
    agreed. Thanks for the loaning out the Renegade, chef... it is safe and sound in our garage!

Now I want one of these, along with a pram and a wooden boat...But I will settle for improving my indicator/chironomid game.

here's my lone catch of the day.