Fishing Report.... WOW!

Discussion in 'Stillwater' started by Chef, Dec 28, 2010.

1. Chef New Member

Seattle, WA
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    I thought ed was talking about the sex lady in red.
  2. Islander Steve

Langley, Wa..
    Ratings: +182 / 6
    I actually had a "schedule" yesterday unfortunatly. The wife had a massive migraine so I had to run some errands and then play nurse-maid most of the day. I would have liked to fish as it was some of the best weather we have had in a while. I figured since Ed was traveling all that way for the first time to Lone I should at least "help a brotha out". Glad you guys got into some fish. Yesterday was the day to go, this morning we woke up to a couple inches of snow.
  3. gdbrill Tight Lines

Redmond, Washington
    Ratings: +1 / 0
    Hi Chef, nice looking pontoon and fish.
  4. Scott Salzer previously micro brew

Ratings: +205 / 0
    Steve:

Hope the wife is feeling better. I've never had a "massive" migrain but I have had a few in the past - pretty debilitating.

MB
  5. maryfish New Member

Seattle
    looks yummy! both of mine were on a black w/ red rib snow cone. (i got the modern midges book from santa!) -- it worked!

looking forward to the next trip.
    m
  6. Chef New Member

Seattle, WA
    Was thinking of going out on Saturday......
  7. scottflycst Active Member

Ozark Mtn springwater
    Ratings: +24 / 0
    Chef,
    What line did you use yesterday?
  8. Chef New Member

Seattle, WA
    Started the day with the type six it was way too hard for me to control around the bank and switched to a sink tip. It it a pretty shallow lake.
  9. scottflycst Active Member

Ozark Mtn springwater
    Ratings: +24 / 0
    Yep, I usually use a Type 3 this time of year but if the fish are showing, a clear intermediate will work just as well.
  10. Irafly Active Member

Everett, Washington, USA.
    Ratings: +1,050 / 1
    When I fish Lone, if I fish streamers or without a indicator (which is rare) I use an intermediate stillwater. The line is easy to control and when bank fishing you can control the depth much easier.

I might be up for Saturday if the sister and brother in law are not able to make it over from Walla Walla.

Ira..
  11. Ed Call Mumbling Moderator

Kitsap Peninsula
    Ratings: +1,357 / 9
    I started with a Cortland Camo intermediate but once I saw a few fish flashing the fin I switched to a floater with a 9' leader. My casting was for crap, but eventually it all worked out well and some decided to come and play. Nice lake. I focused on the first area Steve pointed out, figured that my time there would be best spent focused and not just wandering around. 93 acres is quite a bit bigger than the lakes I normally fish. You picked a great playground Chef. Thanks for getting the ball rolling on the outing.
  12. Mark Yoshida Active Member

Seattle WA
    Ratings: +67 / 1
    Great report from all of you. I wish I was there. I am hoping to make it soon. I need a new license (fishing and driving). More in a post later.
  13. Islander Steve

Langley, Wa..
    Ratings: +182 / 6
    Did someone drop their wallet in the lake???? :hmmm:
  14. Mark Yoshida Active Member

Seattle WA
    Ratings: +67 / 1
    That would have been better if I did. I may have been wet but not soaked as bad. They got the money and tried to use the Ccards. If I get my fishing license, I am coming up there this weekend. I need some fun.