Fishing the N.Fork Stilly by bridge...

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Peter Pancho, Aug 30, 2002.

1. Peter Pancho Active Member

Gig Harbor,WA
    Ratings: +8 / 0
    Hey, I was wondering if any of you guys ever fishing by that main hwy big bridge on the NF Stilly where people park along side of the road and then you hike in and then theres that stump with a rusted stolen car stereo player on it, funny stuff. You can either hike left or right. Going right brings you to bridge and left I don't know where that brings you. There is always a that car with a broken window there, I wonder if that abandoned or a homeless persons.
    When I went down there, I saw a bunch of cars but knowone around the water. Where do these people go? Is the fishing there pretty good? I didn't go any further due to thinking there are homeless people there that will either ambush you or your car.
    :DUNNO
  2. Popular swimming hole so don't even think of fishing under the bridge unless you hit it at daybreak. Me and my kids went swimming there one hot sunny day and counted over 100 other people in the water.
  3. Old Man Just an Old Man

Dillon, Mt
    Ratings: +1,620 / 0
    I might be old---but I'm good.

I've seen those cars also and I've noticed that they are the same cars all the time. I think that they park there for car pooling for going to work. But what do I know.

Go upstream there's a nice hole up there. Water runs into a rock wall and gouges out a deep hole. I haven't been there for a few years,but that's how it was when I was there. The river is always changing.

Jim
  4. cuponoodle breakfast gritty

Arlington
    Ratings: +283 / 0
    Skycries: sent you a PM