Fishing The Spokane

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Seth Tyson, May 24, 2013.

1. Seth Tyson

Seth Tyson Active Member

Hello,

I recently moved to Spokane from Virginia Beach. Its amazing how different fishing becomes when you move this far at once, not to mention how fast the water moves around here :eek: . Can anyone give me an estimate on when the rivers (Spokane) tend to settle after the melt? Ive been traveling to Idaho most recently, and am eager to start fishing more in Washington. Cant wait to learn my new stomping ground and learn from everyone here.

Thanks in advance.

2. Porter

Porter Active Member

gaitors or chaps!

3. Pat Lat

Pat Lat Mad Flyentist

there was an article on the spokane in the last issue of NW fly fisher, pick it up pretty much anywhere that has magazines

4. Stewart

Stewart Skunk Happens

July 1st give or take. This year probably a little sooner.

5. jessejames

jessejames Flyslinger

Check out and join the local Trout Unlimited meetings. There you will find people passionate about the Spoke' both in preserving and protecting the Native Redbands AND catching them. The river is a wonderful resource right in Spokane but she is fickle, you need to pay your dues on the water to really understand the river and be successful. If you are interested in TU Spokane, Stewert the poster right above me is the President contact him for meeting times.
    I miss that group and the river.
    jesse

aplTyler likes this.
  6. Mike Ediger

Mike Ediger Active Member

Welcome to Spokane.
    Everyone has their preference. 6000cfs starts being fishable for me. Closer to 2000 opens up a lot of new options. Explore and have fun. Lots of fishable water.

7. Kaiserman

Kaiserman content

Too bad you couldn't be here say...about 20 yrs ago. That river was lights out for a lot of really big, dumb fish. Hope you like bass and pike! :mad:

The lower section still has some good spots though (below downtown Spokane). There's a few guys on here that can really help, Stewart being one of them.

Wait until you catch your fish 12" Red Band trout. Before you lay eyes on 'em, you'll swear that you have an 18" fish on! Those fish are feisty!!! :eek:

8. TonyZ

TonyZ Member

Radio, I went to school out there and stomped water all around that area, check your PM for a couple tips