Fishing the Yellowstone National Park - Photo Essay

Discussion in 'Photography / Video' started by yuhina, Sep 25, 2011.

1. Hi friends,
    since I am too lazy to write a report... I will just let the photos speak for it's story... the fishing is good.. wildlife and scenic views are as expected...
    attached few photos and video clip, if I have more time I will make more videos in the near future. Mark
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    early morning bless from the mystery fog
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    slough creek, a wonderful place to fish with wildlife... bear spray is always on board..
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

dancing with tantaka..

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Guides' days off! (should be like this...) : )

3. Mark, that is awesome. I think I recognize some strange characters that you seem to have run into on your trip from a bunch of gallery photos. The Yellowstone photographical report is amazing. Looks like a fun trip. ed

4. Yeah, me and Bryan picked up some guides on the river and fish with them... and they seems are all very cool guys... : )

5. Great work! Fantastic photography!

6. Rediculously cool! Looks like a great trip!

7. Great photo's Mark, as always, looks like you had a great trip and good company. Thanks for sharing.

8. Thanks for the kind words, my friends... it was so great to meet up with those old friends! The weather also play a big cooperative role in our great trip! Mark

9. Wow! That is amazing pictures and beautiful...one question, how do you row with bent oars...LOL

10. HA... good one Joni ... they are my 20 weight fiberglass poles... it bends and it row... lol
    FYI: as you might already know, most of the photos were taken from my fisheye lens.
    Mark

11. Awesome report/photos. Thanks for sharing.

On a couple of occasions, it almost looks like you guys could have used a bigger net... there are worse problems to have:)

12. What great looking trip. But where are the elk? The bision?

13. Thanks my friends...
    Ha... actually we did start with a bigger net, but it broke during the trip...
    Don, a lot of buffalo and elk... but they are not available for "harvest"... : )

14. more scenic views - documentary style
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

~END

Thanks for following this thread. Mark

15. Yuhina - you set a very high bar for trip reports! Thanks for sharing your outstanding work!

16. Excellent stuff Mark!

17. Thanks my friends, appreciate the kind words...

One of the most memorial moment was fishing the Ranch water on Henry's Fork... the Mahogany/PMD/BWO mixed hatch was going really strong on the last day, but the fish were really finicky since they have seen all kinds of flies during the season. I did get lucky to find a pot of slow rising trout, after change few flies, delivered the tiny captive dun fly and it just happened that she finally made a mis-judgement... : ) I am definitely coming back to the Henry's Fork next year... a really wonderful place to hang out with friends... Mark
    [​IMG]

18. Good stuff. :thumb: