fishing / tying?

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by bhudda, Nov 15, 2002.

1. Fisher Marsh

Fisher Marsh New Member

I haven't been fly fishing for long. I went out with a friend for the first time a little over a year ago and now I can't keep my mind off it.

Anyway, I don't tie, just fish. I guess it is because learning everything that goes into this sport can be overwhelming at first. I just want to get comfortable in the field before I start in the shop.

On fly fishing day one, though, I formed the ultimate goal of catching a beauty on a fly that I tied on a rod that I built. I see that as a great accomplishment; starting from scratch (okay, I know you have to get materials that are manufactured, but it's pretty close) and catching a fish in such an artfully done way.

But, like I said, I still need to learn how to catch fish. I feel that I have a good start but it's difficult when you don't have any seasoned veterans that fish with you to help you out.

I'll be tying, building rods and, don't forget, fishing for the rest of my life and loving every minute of it. As a matter of fact I'm at work and all I can do is count the hours until the weekend starts to get out there. :EEK :EEK :EEK