Flats boots for big feet?

Discussion in 'Saltwater' started by mdjm66, Jan 21, 2013.

1. mdjm66 Member

Cloverdale, BC
    Ratings: +3 / 0
    I take at least a size 14 and my local shop only carries Simms, they brought me in some simms zipit bootie II, but, just a tad too small.

What other manufacturers carry a similar product or flats boots?

If I cant find my size, what other options would work for walking the flats?

Thanks

Dean
  2. Kcahill Active Member

Renton, WA
    Ratings: +262 / 2
    Patagonia makes a 14 but they are like 150 bucks, just buy a good pair of neoprene socks and wear your regular boots(if they are not felt)? or if you are only going for a week just a pair of old tennis shoes?
  3. Stonefish Triploid and Humpy Hater

Pipers Creek
    Ratings: +1,262 / 1
  4. Jmills81 The Dude Abides

Spokane, WA
    Ratings: +139 / 0
  5. Jordan Simpson Active Member

Tsawwassen, BC
    Ratings: +54 / 1
    For the salt, I usually just go to the Big 5 Sports or any other type of big box sports store with my neoprene socks and try on their cheap $20-$50 'hiking' boots.
    If they fall apart after a few years, well, no tears. I've had the same ones for three years now and I paid $20 for them. I ended up buying two pairs because I expected them to be POS and to fall apart, but I'm still on the first pair three years later...
  6. mdjm66 Member

Cloverdale, BC
    Thanks for all of the help, I have a few options now!
  7. mdjm66 Member

Cloverdale, BC
    well, I think I found a solution, not really fashionable for the beach in the tropics, but, these boots look bulletproof and will be great for summer fishing as well:

http://www.nrsweb.com/shop/product.asp?pfid=2338

After rolling a few ankles the past few years playing basketball, these will probably help with the stability as well.
  8. Rick Todd Active Member

Ferndale/Winthrop
    Ratings: +237 / 0