Flexo braid?

Discussion in 'Fly Tying' started by Brad Niemeyer, Oct 20, 2004.

  1. Brad Niemeyer Old School Member

    Posts: 677
    Woodinville, WA
    Ratings: +42 / 0
    Does anyone have a source for "Flexo braid?"

    I found some of this cool stuff at hallmark as part of a premade ribbon. Unfortunately, they don't sell it by the yard and the only color they had was red. Its a plastic braided tube similar to mylar tubing but stifffer and thinner with a "flex" to it. It's like a braided straw. I believe this is what the gartside "fishhead" streamer series uses...

    :confused: :hmmm:
  2. ZugBug Member

    Posts: 213
    Castle Rock, Colorado
    Ratings: +0 / 0

    I just got some stuff made by Wapsi called FlexiCord that sounds very similar. Braided flexible plastic tubing. Bob Marriotts has it on closeout in their 3-D sale section online for $1 a pack in 6 colors and 3 sizes.