Flies for BIG CARP

Discussion in 'Patterns' started by Nate Newman, Jun 10, 2007.

1. Anyone knox of other wetside lakes with carp? I've wanted to try them for a long time, but I never knew of them on the west side

2. [​IMG]

Caught on a Carey Special and towed me 200 yds. away from Duck Island.

3. Nice fish wayne. you did some work in that toon!

4. Smaller sized 'Pat's stones'

[​IMG]

If they are feeding on the bottom, this will catch them. It looks like so many different things they eat, if presented right, will get jumped on.

Super easy to tie, just a few wraps of lead, some of those olive stillwater rubber legs, and some dark chenille.

5. Loaf of wonderbread, separate at the slices, wrap one around your hook and make a wonderball! Anway, that is a nice looking carp, they are brutes. I bet that got the old heart pounding.

6. A size 10 hook dubbed with red squirrel fur tossed into the mud puff of a feeding carp. Never could get a cruising carp to look at anything, but they will grab this fly if you can present it right. For algae surface feeding carp , a floating woolly bugger in colors to "match the hatch". Kind of a big Griffith's Gnat.

7. weighted treble fly?:rofl:

8. Hello everyone, new guy with a few carp patterns for all of you. These patterns work great on the carp down in SoCal. A buddy of mine has hooked into some very large carp in the Columbia river with some of the same patterns as well.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hope this helps with getting you hooked into carp.
    [​IMG]