Float tube lake

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by shortline, Aug 19, 2002.

1. shortline New Member

Tacoma, WA, USA.
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    Just got back to Tacoma after being gone for several weeks. Had to replace my float tube and I'm eager to try the new one out. Anyone been to Rattlesnake or Mineral lake lately ? any other suggestions ?
    While on the road I fished Lee Vining creek near Yosemite, the Truckee river near Donner pass,Eagle lake near Susanville And the Rogue river in sw Oregon. I did not do well at any of those locations and chalked it up to extremely hot 100+ degrees in most of those places. Still beautiful locations to fly fish however.
  2. hikepat Patrick

Des Moines, WA, USA.
    Ratings: +12 / 0
    Fished Rattle snake Saturday night. I caught one on the bottom trolling a full sink line and a wolly. I had out 20' of line in about 10' of water and it came up with lots of weeds so it was really on the bottom when hooked. Landed 2 more as it was getting dark with a few more hits. The ones at night were caught on a black emerger trolled by wind drift and a floating line. All in all the fishing was slow but the fish were all betweem 11"-12". I started fishing around 6PM and left the lake at 10PM. Gates now close at 8:30 so if you are going to fish late park outside of the gate. Most of the action was between 8:30 to 9:30 and I was the only one on the lake. Other then the moon on the water.