Float tube/small boat anchor suggestion

Discussion in 'Watercraft' started by DennisE, Apr 23, 2012.

1. DennisE

DennisE Topwater and tying.

Tried something that worked really well on my U-boat. 5# Kettle weight from your favorite exercise equipment store. Large, hand-grip loop that's easy to loop your anchor line through. Vinyl coated and no sharp edges to poke holes. Handle doesn't let it roll around. Cost should be about $2.50 per pond and they have 5 and 10 pound models.

Some sort of trolley system would have been nice to keep me pointed the right way, but that I'll have to do on my kayak. The float tube is being retired. Not mobile, or fast, enough.

Attached Files:

Jeff Dodd likes this.
  2. atomic dog

atomic dog Jive Turkey

Media:
    Float tube anchor trick a friend taught me: I keep a small mesh bag and some rope in a storage compartment on the tube. When I get to where I'm going I grab a few nearby rocks and put em in the bag. Adjust number of rocks as needed for wind, etc. That way I don't have to pack any extra weight if I'm hiking to a lake.

Ed Call likes this.
  3. Ed Call

Ed Call Mumbling Moderator Staff Member

Media:
    Two lines, two mesh bags, few rocks in each and you've got a two anchor system for holding in place when chironomidbobberwatching at your local lake.