Floating line....

Discussion in 'Stillwater' started by FlyMeARiver, May 7, 2009.

1. FlyMeARiver Da Mailman! Making sure you get yours!

Spokane,Washington
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    Ok, I have never flyfished lakes before, so I do not have sinking line ect. I have a possible opportunity to take my kid fishing tomorrow and was wondering about flyfishing the lake with floating line. I may rent a rowboat and try some dry fly but I realize under the surface would probably be my best bet, so my question is this, what is the best way to fish subsurface with floating line? Attach a little weight and a chronomid? Cast and strip? Or just use a wet fly and kind of let it troll behind the boat? Also, what about an indicator, should I use one, or hope to go by feel? Anyways, I think I will try some of the above provided we get to go, just thought I would look for advice from someone who might have experienced this situation before! Any input would be appreciated! Thanks!
  2. Arthur Vakulchik Young Gun

lynnwood, wa
    the best thing to probably do is fish with some black or olive streamers. all you need to do is troll them with a 6-9ft leader and your good. troll along in the shallows and youll be sure to hook up with some fish. i only have floating lines and this is what i do and i catch fish on a regular basis.

good luck
    arthur
  3. FlyMeARiver Da Mailman! Making sure you get yours!

Spokane,Washington
    Thanks man! Do you use an indicator or just feel 'em hit? Cuz I'm rowin if I'm trollin, know what I mean?:beer2: