Flourocarbon tippit

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by IveofIone, May 25, 2013.

1. generic

generic Active Member

That was the one! I couldn't remember the "Vanish" part. I had real problems with knots breaking with that one.

2. BRsnow

BRsnow Member

The hook/hackle is 100%, that is the response I received when I asked them.

3. generic

generic Active Member

You're good then.

There is one other thing (sorry), you might compare diameters. Believe it or not, 100% fluoro from brand to the next brand can be different. 4X tippet in one brand, can be bigger diameter wise (or smaller) than the next. Doesn't really make that much of a difference on bigger flies, but can if you're tying on size 16 and smaller.

Just a thought.

Just remember, you'll die early and come to finacial ruin if you don't use 100% fluorocarbon. That much has been proven. I read it somewhere on the interweb.

P.S. Oh, and you won't catch any fish either.

P.S.S. I'm bored. I need to go fishing!!! Hey, tomorrow looks good!

4. BRsnow

BRsnow Member

I am fishing tailwaters here in CO, so my flies are typically 20-24's, so the fluoro is a big help, a 24 inch fish on a 22 midge on 5x fluoro is better odds than 7x nylon in my experience. I have used pretty much all the brands and have had good experience with all of them. If HH is the same as the rest, makes sense to pick some up. BR

5. generic

generic Active Member

NICE! And yep.

I've only targeted fish with a size 20 once. Hooked three, had them on for about 10 seconds. As it turns out, you can't set the hook like you do a wooly bugger. Hmm, who would of thought. :D

What's that saying again? "Raise the tip, strip the hip." I don't care WHO you are. If you're tagging fish on a size 22 on 7x ... I bow before you. :)

6. BRsnow

BRsnow Member

Everyone does here, that is fishing on the S. Platte system, big fish, tiny flies. It is fun, can be super frustrating, but also rewarding:)

Mark Kraniger likes this.